cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No valid SAP crypto configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

In HANA XS Admin console am getting a notification as "No Valid SAP Crypto Configuration" warning - could you please let me know how can i get rid of this error.?

I have configured SSL and placed crypto libs as required for the setup.

Thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

First make sure you can successfully visit your SAP HANA via https://<host name or IP>:43<instance number> and see the XS Engine welcome page.

If you see "No valid SAP Crypto configuration" error in the "trust manager" tab when you visit https://<host name or IP>:43<instance number>/sap/hana/xs/admin, you can configure the following in SAP HANA Studio. I've made it on SAP HANA SPS08 Rev. 80.

double click your SAP HANA system -> switch to configuration tab -> configure the following in global.ini -> restart SAP HANA -> no such error

Best regards,

Wenjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys ,

Thanks - i tried both the mentioned step but still i have the error :

my sec directory looks like this :

Https is enabled  :

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Can you change the content in red box? Yours is "libsapcrypto.so" which is not the same with mine and incorrect.

Best regards,

Wenjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wenjun ,

I am using libsapcrypto.so not sapcrypto - thats the reason i have mentioned that as the sslcrypto provider.

Are you using sapcrypto libraries ??

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm using sapcrypto libraries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And I think libsapcrypto.so is just sapcrypto libraries. So, maybe you can just try "sapcrypto".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it looks like this , is it the expected response ? i am expecting details of my certificates to get populated here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the error disappears, it is the expected response. Now you can add the trust store.

Best regards,

Wenjun

former_member184280
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wenju,

We are getting a similar error in one of our HANA systems.

In the system SSL is not configured and we are using HTTP only.

Are there any other settings to be maintained.

Regards

- Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

For any SAML/Cert  related activity, you need to enable crypto in your system.

Follow the guide: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b45687-0613-3110-7183-de49e84a3...

One thing that you have to note here is that HANA will support PSE with PIN, so leave PIN empty.

Thanks,

Razal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting the message about no valid SAP Crypto.  I have followed the instructions from a number of guides I have found (cannot paste links since paste does not work on these forums).  One slight difference is that I cannot use the SAP Crypto libraries since I am based in America.  I created a self-signed cert using OpenSSL instead, but still no luck.

Is there any guidance on how to do this?  I've seen conflicting guides and none seem to describe how to use OpenSSL instead of SAP Crypto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have noticed if the libraries are not fine we keep getting this error.

Jnouwen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, pls note that when using sapcrypto 8, you need to set "commoncrypto" as sslcryptoprovider and not longer "sapcrypto".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are getting similar error. We configured SSL, and set all options as on the Wenjun's picture, but still getting this

"No valid SAP Crypto configuration."

Are there are any other suggestions?

Regards, Aleksander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksander,

make sure that   sapsrv.pse should not have any password/ key.

-Do an xsengine restart and check the xengine  startup log, you will get more details.

Thanks,

Razal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if SECUDIR is properly set.

Also please paste global.ini settings here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you for replies. We fixed problem by adding user <sid>adm to following commands

$DIR_SECURITY_LIB/sapgenpse seclogin -p $SECUDIR/sapsrv.pse -O <sid>adm

$DIR_SECURITY_LIB/sapgenpse seclogin -p $SECUDIR/sapcli.pse -O <sid>adm

$DIR_SECURITY_LIB/sapgenpse seclogin -p $SECUDIR/SAPSSL.pse -O <sid>adm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Follow the guide: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b45687-0613-3110-7183-de49e84a3...

One thing that you have to note here is that HANA will support PSE with PIN, so leave PIN empty.

XS engine trace files will give you details of this issue.

Thanks,

Razal

lohitkumar_ap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

You need to perform step 5.7.1 Maintain the SAP HANA Trust Stores in Admin guide.

It also needs a HANA DB restart.

Best Regards,

Lohit