cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWM 6.1 SMP 3 authentication to portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently looking at how to best provide authentication for users using SAP work manager 6.1 with SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 sp2 and ERP backend. It is currently configured with no authentication in SMP which was recommendation from SAP for agentry apps.

I want to know if the following design can work.

- We have SAP mobile document (SMD) server which has a EP component. we've set it up with AD + local DB as UME. so you can authenticate with your AD credentials.

- From reading on SMP I believe it is possible to setup authentication to Portal with SAP logon ticket generation?

so is the following possible;

User logon to Agentry app with their AD Username and Password, it is passed on by SMP to SMD portal for authentication as it is setup with the users from AD their AD credentials will work. then, SMD generate a SAP logon ticket and pass back to SMP for autenticating the Agentry user to backend ERP as ERP will be trusted with SMD, we also have NW SSO 2.0 issuing certificates?

if this is possible, how do we setup the SMP to acheive this?

thanks.

John.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While it is possible to pass user AD users from the Agentry client to get validated you don't want to configuration it in the SMP Server but using the JavaBE.ini.

If you look at the implementation guide you will find information on configuration SSO.

Stephen