cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit data source when opening Lumira project on a new PC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working on a project in Lumira for a client of the company I work for. The idea is that I build the Lumira project for them (with the goal of them being able to analyse data from their logistics department), and I then hand the completed project over to them, from which point they are able to update the data on a weekly basis.

I have been updating the data (which is derived from an excel spreadsheet) for a number of weeks with no issue at all, and the client is thoroughly impressed with it, and with the capabilities of Lumira. The problem is that when I want to share the project with the client, ie. by allowing them to open it and edit it on their own computers I am unable to do so.

This is the procedure I follow:

1. From My Documents, I open the folder named SAP Lumira Documents, select the project in question, and email it to the intended recipients.
  2. From there, I instruct the recipients to open SAP Lumira, select File>Import to folder, and then select the project.
  3. When the project is open, it works and interacts perfectly, but at this point, I want the client to be able to do the following:
    1. Select Data>Edit; to allow them to specify a new data source (which is identical to the one upon which the project is built), and therefore be able to update the data as and when necessary, without my help.

When I do this, however, I receive the following error:

Unable to find file "File Name & Location"

How do I work my way around this? I could rebuild the project on a computer at the client’s premises, but the idea is that many people are able to use this project, and refresh the data. So it is obviously impractical for me to rebuild this multiple times. I would really appreciate your assistance with this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My take only (after testing) is to place the Excel file in a shared area where everyone has access to it. Is that possible?

Another option is for the team to try out Lumira Cloud for this type of sharing.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To elaborate on Tammy's idea, you could use for instance C:\Users\Public at the place where you initially put your Excel file to make sure this is found on the target computer. I would consider this a workaround though.

Or for Lumira documents that you already designed, change the location of the Excel file and use Data/Edit from your computer, then save the Lumira documents before sending them to the target audience. 

From my humble opinion, the product should allow to use Data/Edit and change the source file even if the initial file path is no longer found. This should be possible for your target audience.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tammy. I didn't think of that possibility, but it seems like a solution that should work. I'll give it a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Antoine. That does sound like a feasible workaround. I'll give it a test and see what comes of it.

Appreciate the help.

Regards.

Answers (0)