cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Arabic support in JRC weaker that in MS versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been supporting banks using Arabic in their systems for 15 years using Crystal reports.  In the main, issues are resolved when working in the Crystal reports designer or using any of the Crystal run times from Crystal 9 upwards .

However we have now rewritten our application in Java and have used the JRC Crystal reports Java reporting component for Eclipse and now find that things are not as good as before.  Output of the report to PDF is broken and poor quality.  Is this expected?

Has anymore pursued a fix for this through their support from SAP and what was the outcome?  It seems that the JRC has not been updated for some time, I cannot find release notes and fix lists for it, which was easy before in the Microsoft world of Crystal reports support from Business Objects.

I am using the latest JRC for Eclipse posted on the website and am using Crystal X1 or later for rpt designing.   I was about to buy a single incident support item, but thought I would ask the forums first!  I am not at the point of asking for a magic hot fix, just finding if the subject is difficult to get correct or fixed.

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

What version of CRJava runtimes are you using?

We have recently released a new version of the ruintimes, try upgrading to 12.0.18. download here.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29757

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

The offered link takes you to link to download   cr4e-all-in-one-win_2.0.17.zip   which means 12.0.18 is not offered by the link.  The release notes have no fixes offered for PDF export of Arabic.

Is version 18 available soon?  I have raised a paid support case, as this issue needs urgent attention.

Even a simple Arabic text literal put onto a report is reversed despite having right to left reading order and a Unicode font chosen. 

Any more suggestions gratefully received.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You could test the app by installing 12.2.218 runtimes.

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/crjava-runtime_12.2.218.zip

-Bhushan

Answers (0)