cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal: Access to old manager for a transitional period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is that when an employee's manager changes, the old manager should have access to view and update details in the employee's form.

Can anyone suggest how to achieve this?

Thanks

Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check BADIs HRHAP00_COL_OWNER and HRHAP00_COL_ACCESS. Old appraiser can be in OTHERS Appraisers with custom Role. So this will be enough for your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yurii

thanks. But tell me we cannot give access to same fields for manager and old manager am I right?

silly question may be but custom role? How do u do it?

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can give access to same fields even without BADI. There is customizing tab in tr. PHAP_CATALOG / template / Column Access

Appraisal Roles are created in tr. OOHAP_BASIC - Role view.

When add other appraiser or part appraiser choose their Role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yurii. Will post in new queriess soon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yurii,

I have a query. In between the appraisal cycle, the manager changes (may be due to some project or department change), so the new manager becomes appraiser. And old manager we need him as further participant. Where do we write the logic for this? The manager can change anytime during the appraisal cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok there is a BADI for it HRHAP00_ACC_HEADER, got this one to change the new manager

But tell me, if the new employee is joining in middle of the appraisal cycle, the client wants that the previous quarters are greyed out and form is in current status as per all the other employees.

Examplye: Appraisal Cycle is: April 2014 to March 2015

New employee joing in September so the Form should be created in "Q1 Complete" status or "Q2 Start" status

How do we do this

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Do it manually by administrator

2. write program (background maybe) which will correct documents (add new appraiser, add old to further)

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HRHAP00_ACC_HEADER,is for manage access to header data not for change manager.

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For each Quorter you can add separate column and adjust Column access (customizing + BADI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This says we can use the BADI HRHAP00_ACC_HEADER: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1590177

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appraisal Document – Header Data Access (HRHAP00_ACC_HEADER)

This Business Add-In (BAdI) enables you to overwrite the standard settings for the header data of an appraisal document. The header data of the appraisal document is returned to the BAdI, which changes the display mode of the header field in the appropriate places.

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BADI HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_D1 for autofilling appraisers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok so i can use BADI HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_D1 for new manager to be appraiser and old to be Further participant?

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BADI HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_DO - for further participant. There are several  similar Badies HRHAP00_DOC_DEF*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yurii,

We do not have separate columns for each quarter. they are clubbed in to one VB.

We are using a cstom layout, so i guess, depending on the form status, the required fields will be greyed out.. I just need some way to create the forms for new joinees in relevant quarter.

HRHAP00P_DOC_PREPARE in PHAP_PREPARE is it?

If the form is create from MSS, what all do i need to do?

Thanks in advance

Shweta

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manual creating in MSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

manually yes. The manager will create one or many forms of his direct employees. But will the program phap_create take care of the creating them in particular status from there too?

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PHAP_PREPARE can take care in BADI implementation HRHAP00P_DOC_PREPARE.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

old and new are in appraisers table?