cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Retention

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one tell me how to handle the retention cycle in SD as my client wants to retains a percentage from each billing document which the customer will pay later?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SD side, you need to create a new condition type with calculation type as Percent and assign it in your pricing procedure.  Ask your FI guys to create a new Account Key and a G/L Account to post the retension values.  Once this this done, assign the Account Key against the new condition type in your pricing procedure followed by assigning the G/L Account in VKOA.  Also you need to maintain condition record to the extent of what percent you want to post in the special G/L Account.  Once all these are done, create a billing document and test how values are fetching.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to post the retention value to a the customer line with special GL indicator ,is it possible from the SD billing document?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite possible.  Better try first in your system before posting further queries

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I want to do  ,I want to post the retention value that is determined using a specific condition type to the customer line with special GL indicator from the SD billing document

Posting Key

Special GL indicator

Account

Amount

E

Customer Account(100000)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go through my last post once again wherein, I have very clearly asked you to try before posting.  At some point of time, you need to put some efforts as this forum is only to guide the members.  Consult with your FI consultant and test in your system.  Since you have recently joined in SCN, just go through the SCN rules which you can find to your right screen, once you login to SCN.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have  tried the solution you suggested but and this is the FI document  that was generated

but what i want to be posted from the SD  billing  is the below entry ,Kindly be noted that the retention value is 40

Posting Key

Special GL indicator

Account

Description

Amount

E

Customer

customer

Revenue