cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Crystal Reports 2013 Performance Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planing to do the report migration to sap crystal report 2013. now we have crystal report xi Developer licensed version and we download the 30 days evaluation(trial) version of sap crystal report 2013 only for testing. we have 1 report that created in crystal report xi version it runs within 5 mins for 2 lakhs records and same report we are testing on sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version with same connection and same report parameters it took 10 mins for 2 lakhs records.every report take more time in sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version as compared to crystal report xi Developer licensed version.

Why this happened? is it issue of evaluation(trial) version of sap crystal report 2013?

Kind Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i install that driver but it not improved the performance of the report.

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

After implementing all be above also if you are not seeing improvement, then we are missing something, may be screen sharing and trouble shooting is required. 

I suggest you to create a SAP Support ticket and work with a support engineer to resolve this.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Performance issue shouldn't be related to type of license used.

• Open the report in Crystal Reports 2013
  • Go to ‘File’ menu >> 'Report Options' >> Check "Perform Query Asynchronously" >> Click OK.
  • Save the Changes and refresh the report.

Kindly check if it makes any difference.

- Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

i check that its not improved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay..make sure that you are using supported version of Oracle client for CR 2013.

Could you also verify below options:

• Go to File menu -> Report Options
  • Uncheck the option for “Verify on First Refresh” and “Automatic Smart Linking”
  • Save the Changes and refresh the report.

- Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

i am using oracle11g and also i follow that steps but not improved

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ganesh,

this could be a database driver issue.

what database are you using?

what specific db version?

what connection method (odbc, ole)?

and what specific driver version?

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

what database are you using?

Oracle

what specific db version?

Oracle  11g

what connection method?

Oracle Server

Above same thing we r using for crystal report xi licensed version and sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version but now issues is that report takes 45 min in sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version for 2 lac records,but same report takes only 5 min to run in crystal report xi licensed version. is this issue of licensed bcoz now we are run report on sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I don't think there should be any performance differences between a licensed version of CR vis-a-vis an Evaluation copy.

What is the datasource for the report? Is it a table/view/Stored Proc/Command object?

When you refresh the report, look at the bottom left portion of the CR Designer window (Status Bar) to find out where exactly CR is experiencing lag. It should display info like 'Accessing database' or 'formatting' etc and that should help you zero-in on what's potentially causing the issue.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

What is the data source for the report?

tables

for reading the database records it takes time in sap crystal report 2013 evaluation(trial) version it read records like 1of1 2of2 3of3.... and so but same report will be read database records like 1of1 then direct it take 259of259 495of495 it run fast in crystal report xi licensed version.then what is the issue?

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Some times it may create problems with Driver which is carried with older version.

do the following :

Go in Database menu-- Set Datasource Location--expend Create New Connections-- in below pane--expend Oracle --Make New Connection-- provide credentials and click on Update button.

Close Preview-- now refresh the report and see.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

I Did that but not improved it read records like 1of1 2of2 3of3 and so on.

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Can you create a new report using two tables and refresh the report and see how much time it is taking ?

So, we will understand whether it is report issue or driver issue.

Sastry

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ganesh, thanks for the info.

you may wish try the datadirect wire protocol driver. if you don't see it installed, rerun the install for cr and add this feature.

after installing the driver and creating a new dsn, create a new report using the same tables as your existing report. let us know the results.

-jamie