cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bw-ip file upload in BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am using BW 7.3 and i am unable to find Planning Sequence/Function File Upload . Is it available standard planning sequence for file upload in BW 7.3.

Pl. advise

Rgds
Sri G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/231599Dear Sri

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums.

In relation to your query you mentioned:

• I am using BW 7.3 and i am unable to find Planning Sequence/Function File Upload . Is it available standard planning sequence for file upload in BW 7.3.

I just performed a little research and the first point I will highlight is that similar discussions are open on the SCN at present so you can use them as a source off cross-reference for your convenience.

Example: Load a Flat File into Integrated Planning (BW-IP)

Now I have also outlined an additional documentation guide below for your convenience as it will offer you the guidance required:

Planning Sequence

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4c/b8332354182102e10000000a42189e/content.htm

SAP KBA: 1904955 - The Integrated Planning message's necessary information
for BW Portal / BI Java

Kindly update me as per your findings.

I greatly appreciate your time and patience and I look forward to recieving you reply.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

we are speaking about uploading a excel file  to an existing BI IP

planning application instead of keying in the data manually in the query layout.

In this regard, I could not find File Upload Planning Function in SAP BW 7.3

Also pl. confirm whether we can upload excel values through WAD from below upload property

or what is the significance of upload property below.

Rgds

Srinath

0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

the is no standard planning function for file upload but there exists a how-to paper about this topic:

The link is just on the first page on the content tab in this forum. Just read this paper.

Regards,

Gregor