Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Agentry Device Client 7.0 Branding

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i have need to change logo on agentry client, So please anyone explain how we will change logo in window agentry client 7.0.when i was explore it i found some information from SCN.

Branded Agentry Client and Server Installers - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

But it is not enough to change logo So please provide me brief solution, that's i'll change it

Thanks

Mohit Tyagi

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of client are you trying to change the Icon?

iOS and Android clients you need to brand the clients to change the icon. 

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks stephen

I am using windows client and want to change Logo according to my need.

Regards

Mohit Tyagi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mohit,

Much of the branding for the WPF client is done by editing the AgentryClient.exe.config file located in the WPF client installation directory.

Search for the <setting name="BrandingApplicationIconPath" and set the value to the new icon you want to use.  This will change the icon in the screen you indicate and also the icon on the toolbar when running.  It will not change the icon on the AgentryClient.exe itself and you will need to set the icon on your shortcut to launch the client accordingly as well.

The config file is also used to control most all of the other branding options.

BrandingLoginWindowImagePath

BrandingApplicationName

BrandingServerSelectionWindowTitle

etc.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I'm not sure about your requirement, if it's possible to change that icon or not. But I can provide you a way to do branding in Windows client. As I did branding for Login and Menu screen for Windows & Android Client. Below are the steps.

1. Go to your Dev environment's directory (In my case it is C:\Agentry\ServerDev)
  2. Inside there, go to Application\Development\Images directory
  3. Find Image and it's name, which you want to change (In my case, it was Login-XX.bmp & ModuleMenu729x91x1-All.png)
  4. Replace it with your image - Make sure it has same name.
  5. Build, Upload and Test.

Regards-

Deejo

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipak

i am working on Window Agentry Client 7.0.4 . and i don't want to do branding for Login and Menu screen for Windows. i want to change logo of for window Agentry Client So please provide me solution that's i'll be able to customize it

Thanks

Mohit

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Thanks for your suggestion

i'll try to change icon for my window agentry client as such you provide information but it can not work for me. So can you please describe it that's i'll change icon for my window agentry client 7.0.4

Thanks

Mohit Tyagi

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Bill

Now i am able to change icon for my WPF Client, Now i want to change below given icon for AgentryClient.exe . So i request you to please provide me guidance that's i'll change it.

Regards,

Mohit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mohit,

Changing the icon of the executable is not something officially supported.  Since Windows utilizes shortcuts to launch applications (start menu, desktop, etc), the recommended approach is to create a shortcut that utilizes the same icon you modified in the AgentryClient.exe.config to use on the loigin screen and task bar.

Changing that icon would require modifying the exe file to swap in the new icon saving a new .exe in place of the existing one.  Anytime you upgraded you would have to repeat the process and as I said it would not be an officially supported process.

Is there a reason you can't utilize a shortcut with the correct icon?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Apology for late reply!

Let me know if you have been through below mentioned branding documentation and facing any issue in provided Windows client branding process.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01953.0230/doc/pdf/smp_devguide_agen...

Regards-

Dipak

mohit_tyagi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipak

i don't want to change icon, i want to change installer icon. So please tell me how we can do extensive branding.

Thanks!