Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4 For Desktop Customising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Yes its this topic again.  I have read I think every topic on here about this and sadly I am still confused enough to create a new topic.

My goals:

1. Change the Logo in top right

2. Change the background

3. Change the look and feel of NWBC

Technical details:

SAP Gui 730 PL 7

NWBC Version: 4.0 Final Release PL 13, Built: 2014-05-07 03:03 (Codeline: 40_REL, OPT Build), Installed: 2014-06-08 21:30 NWBC Server Version: 3.5.2.29 SAPGUI Version: 7300.3.7.3287 Internet Explorer Version: 9.00.8112.16421 .NET Version: v4 () Java Plug-In Version: 10.4.0 Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 v6.1.7601 [Server Standard (Full)] 64-bit (WOW64)

So here is what I have done:

1. Change the Logo

I went to table NWBC and made the following entries

This works lovely and I have my image and after entering a second entry (BRANDING_URL) with Value of a www.xyz.com url it becomes clickable so all is great.  (only using Google image to demonstrate I can change the default logo and of course this will not be used in a productive sense)

What I need to do now is not read the image from a website but rather load it into MIME directory but I am not sure on this process.

2. Change the background Image.

So I think I need to use the theme editor for this. I read topics here and found transaction U15/THEME_DESIGNER.  I had a play here and followed a topic describing the steps to make a copy of sap_corbu however I am getting an error

Here is the first screen where I select SAP_CORBU and hit EDIT:

On the next screen I select Application Previews and then choose the Index Page check box and I then see the Index page appear on the left hand side

I now click on the Index Page and according to SAP documentation etc I should see a preview of the page however...

When I look at the url it is trying to go to it is this:

(ignore the xxx bits - i just replaced those for security reasons)

The point here is i think it is looking for a service but cannot find it (sap>bc>theming>themes) so I looked in SICF and I can see(well could whilst i had FF access) that sap>bc>theming exists as a structure but nothing under theming called themes.  I created themes under theming but had no idea what I was doing and it completed killed the /U15/THEME_DESIGNER transaction so I deleted it again.

So what do I do to correct this so I can change the theme background colour or image?

3.  Changing the look and feel

By this I mean the first screen in NWBC (desktop?)  I made an entry in table NWBC_CFG like this and you can see the before and after in NWBC below

Before

then I make this in NWBC_CFG

After

So clearly the entry is working however whatever I try I cannot get any other entry to make any difference.

Ideally I would like to be ablwe to offer the viual look and feel from version 3.5 like this....

but before you tell me to install 3.5 I can tell you I can onlt use v4 pl 13.

Everyone agrees the 3.5 look is better than 4 but is it possible to get this in 4 (custom theme perhaps after solving problem 2 above?)

Sorry for the long post but i though this might be useful as I see so many questions but few real solutions here so maybe this can help others once solved (ps I love screen shots of solutions as it is easier to understand)

Thanks in advance

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Margot
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Nicely structured question 🙂

Concerning changing the Logo - that's how I did it:

1. I create a new BSP in SE80 and uploaded the logo to this BSP.

2. In transaction /ui2/nwbc_cfg_cust I entered the relative path to this pic for parameter BRANDING_IMAGE.

Finished 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

Margot
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Nicely structured question 🙂

Concerning changing the Logo - that's how I did it:

1. I create a new BSP in SE80 and uploaded the logo to this BSP.

2. In transaction /ui2/nwbc_cfg_cust I entered the relative path to this pic for parameter BRANDING_IMAGE.

Finished 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have managed it a slightly different way.

I loaded my png into sap/public/bc/icons

then did the same as you did but as we are not using the ui2 path in our logon to NWBC desktop we made the config in table nwbc_cfg

happy days

Margot
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Just tried to figured out what might the reason you cannot preview the index page. Quite tricky.

First guess would be that service sap/public/bc/UI2/NWBC is not activated?

If this is not the case, is it possible to start the index page as standalone?

URL should be something like https://<system>:<port>/sap/public/bc/UI2/NWBC/preview/index.html ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just checked your suggestion.

First I checked the theme preview via /ui5/theme_designer and this is what I see:

So next I checked by config was pointing at this theme (/ui/cust)

next I go to my url with your preview bit on the end and i do see the index page just not as I would like it to be... i.e there is no background image...

and yes the service is running as this is a sandpit (patched to the very latest of everything) so I could start every UI2 and UI5 service in sap/public/bc... and sap/bc...

good thinking though but still no joy

Margot
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Sorry, seems I misunderstood your second quesiton. I thought you would have some issues loading the index preview in the UI theme designer. This URL asked you to check is not linked to any nwbc customizing responsible for the index page in the UI theme designer url. But according to your screenshot this is not an issue but you are not able to launch your custom theme with your NWBC.

Assuming that copyofsap_corbu is the correct theme id of your custom theme with description Copy of sap_corbu I just wanted to mention that this value field in /ui/cust is case sensitive.

What's the URL you maintained in your nwbc system settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margot

Thanks for the case sensivtive advice.  I now can see my image but it is hiding behind the shell and so i only see the top.  Im sorry i don't know which url you are asking about.

To see this i just entered Copyofsap_corbu against parameter THEME in /ui2/cust.

Any ideas why iot is hidding in the background instead of how the preview looks like... is it some transparency issue? i can'y see anything to change in this regard so any ideas ??

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Just to check your current setup:

• You set theme Copyofsap_corbu against parameter THEME in /ui2/cust. OK
  • Are you using the ui2 server runtime in the NWBC connection URL?
    (http(s)://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui2/NWBC or http(s)://<server>:<port>/ui2/NWBC
    I guess yes, your latest screenshot shows NWBC with a background image.
  • Where did you define the background image? There are several options:
    • Quick theming parameter sapBackgroundImage --> appears everywhere (NWBC shell background, Index page, Unified Rendering, ...)
    • Expert theming parameter sapUi2NwbcIndexBgImage --> only applies to Index page

• Expert theming parameter sapUi2NwbcShellDesktopBgImage --> only applies to NWBC shell background (you see it at startup and behind the tabs)

You can also delete image assignments (value appears as 'url()').

The following combinations would lead to a shell background image without being displayed on the Index page:

• sapBackgroundImage is set to an image, sapUi2NwbcIndexBgImage is set to 'url()'
  • sapUi2NwbcShellDesktopBgImage is set to an image

One more comment:

With NWBC 5.0 PL13 and UI Add-On for SAP NetWeaver 1.0 SPS09 or the correction provided with SAP note 1986795, you can also define the company logo in UI Theme Designer for usage on the Index and New Tab page.
As for the background image, various quick and expert theming parameters apply: sapCompanyLogo (quick), sapUi2NwbcCompanyLogo (expert), sapUi2NwbcCompanyLogoHeight, sapUi2NwbcCompanyLogoWidth,
sapUi2NwbcNewtabHeaderMarginBottom, sapUi2NwbcIndexHeaderMargin to fine-tune size of the logo and margin to the "real" page content.

Best regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

We are experiencing this issue as well. We are on UI SP 8 and have implemented the note 1986795 and we still aren't able to get the index page to show the image, however we can see it in the background.

We have tried updating the UR to note 2062081  without any help.

I have checked the bullet list and we have to use url(./img/xxxxxxxx) in the image file when we are uploading the pictures, is this was is making the problems then?

0 Kudos

Jakob,

could you please describe exactly where (quick theming, sapBackgroundImage, or expert theming for shell and Index page) and how (upload image via drag&drop or specification of a URL to an image on a web server) you defined the background image?

Thanks, Claudia

0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

let me try to answer for Jakob (he and I are working together on this issue).

We are using the quick theming and draging the picture from local pc. It then says in the backgroud Image  field <uploaded image>.

However after save and build it changes in this field automatically to

url(./img/misc/sapBackgroundImage.jpeg)

Best regards

Peter Mols

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia

Nice reply

So, we added the image via the /ui5/theme_designer transaction using chrome and used the browse and load feature (the + button) rather than drag and drop.

We are using the http(s)://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/ui2/NWBC in NWBC as the logon path.

In the theme_designer I see the following parameter settings:

Based on what you said this seems OK ??

0 Kudos

Hi Paul and Peter,

It is perfectly fine how you defined the images (although I guess sapCompanyLogo should be set to a different image than sapBackgroundImage, Paul - in your screenshot, both point to the same resource).

Changes of the sapBackgroundImage value from <uploaded image> to url(...) are ok - the build saves the image in the theme repository, and the url points to the uploaded file there.

But there seem to be problems with references to sapBackgroundImage ('@sapBackgroundImage') and sapCompanyLogo in the different UI technologies.

I guess it will be very hard to further investigate the issue in SCN - could you please create an incident at SAP, component CA-UI2-THD?

Once we have an explanation (and solution), we can publish it here.

Kind regards,

Claudia