cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt for login details - after upgrade CR Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have reports created in CR 2008 and published to CR Server 2008.

These reports have dynamic parameter and some of them are retrieving data from 2 different databases, same SQL server.

The connection is OLEDB.

We have set up a test upgrade to CR Server 2013 on a new test server.  No changes on SQL Server.

When running the report in CR Server 2013, I have encountered problem that it prompts for login details.

The login screen show the Server (as shown in report), Database name (as shown in report), user id (to be enter), password (to be enter) and Use Single Sign On Key (value = false).

In CR 2013, for the report,  I have chosen the option to use the connection in the report and have entered the login details in Database Configuration.

I can only think that either it is the dynamic parameter or the multi-database connection that is giving me the problem.

I have tried resetting database connection in the new test server and also recreate the dynamic parameter with no success.

Anyone could share a solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shwu,

Login to the Business View Manager > Find out the LOV first > From the LOV open the Data Connection > Select 'Never Prompt'.

You can start by reading through the BVM guide here.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for responding.

I will have a look when I login tomorrow.

It is interesting that I don't get this problem when the report is based on single database.  So, hopefully, it is something easy that I miss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just login and notice that Business Viewer Manager is no where to be seen.

I go to Start--> All Programs--> SAP Business Intelligence--> SAP Crystal Server 2013.

From the list, Business Viewer Manager is not there.

I know in the old version it comes separately from Crystal Enterprise.

Does it require a license for installation or is it one of the optional component to be installed in the new package?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have now installed business viewer manager.

However, I notice that in Crystal report, I might see something like CRUser--> Country--> Territory1

but, in the Business Viewer Manager, I cannot see the exact description.

Is there any way to find out which is which as I do want to do a clean up of the list of value.

Appreciate any advice.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you've downloaded the BVM guide.

After you've started Business View Manager, go to View > Select Repository Explorer.

You can delete objects via the Repository Explorer. Refer to Page 84-87 of the BVM guide for more info.

LOVs are usually stored under the 'Dynamic Cascading Prompts' folder.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Yes,  I have certainly downloaded the guide, though I have to admit that I to do a quick scan on keywords to skim through the area that I think is relevant due to the time I have at this stage.

Using the reference object and dependent object check does help in identifying DF, BE, DC etc, and I am just wondering whether those parameter without a "?" icon is what indicated as not in use as I don't see it in the guide.

Would you mind confirming that? 

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the attached screesnhot.

Highlighted in Blue is the 'LOV'. Highlighted in Red is that LOV's 'Prompt Group'. What you need to delete is the 'LOV' and that should get rid of the prompt group as well.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for responding.

How do I know which one is in used in existing reports?

Eg: I could have reports that is using Country--> Region--> City-Prompt Group_1, Country--> Region--> City-Prompt Group 3

But, Country--> Region--> City-Prompt Group_2 is not in use.  They are all under Country--> Region--City as it your example above. How can I find out which one is in use rather than going through individual reports?

The situation I have here is there are many reports using the dynamic parameters and there are many redundant LOV list created previously during testing.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what's in use and what's not can only be confirmed from within the report.

The only other possible way could be by using the 'Query Builder' however, I'm not very sure if this kind of information is exposed for it.

Please have a look at this Blog:

P.S: I'm hoping it's exposed in the SI_Prompts property.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, much appreciated for confirming that. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case any one is interested,  please see attached document provided from sap support.

Note that you can add in the where clause in select * from CI_INFOOBJECTS to return only report.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shwu,

Thanks a lot for posting - this is great!

-Abhilash

Answers (0)