cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC MS 10 SPRunConversion at Group level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPC Experts,

We are implementing SAP BPC MS 10. SPRunConversion is running for each currency defined but its not running at Group level. I am getting errors FX-140 No Currency Available, sometimes i get FX-300 Timeid=20140700 - Nothing to extract from Fact - CLCFXTRANS... I have run FX conversion for the same timeid. Different errors if I change some parameter.

FX rates are maintained. My SP is below:

*RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =
SPRUNCONVERSION([Conso_FX],[ACTUAL],[INR],[GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])

*COMMIT

Figures are getting converted into INR. Ownership and Scopes are maintained. I am unable to figure out the reason why N_SCOPE is not getting updated with Group so that i can proceed with IC Elimination.

Can you please help with some pointers based on experience.

Regards,

Rajat Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use

*RUN_STORED_PROCEUDRE=SPRUNCONVERSION([%MODEL%],[%CATEGORY_SET%],[%SCOPE_SET%],[GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])

If I read your script, CONSO_FX would be the model, ACTUAL the category and INR the scope? To me INR sounds like a currency rather than a scope.

To get BPC to convert both to a currency (like INR) and a scope you need to run this SP twice, once the way you already do and a second time with INR replace by a member of the group type dimension.

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for the response.

Earlier I tried using:

*RUN_STORED_PROCEUDRE=SPRUNCONVERSION([%MODEL%],[%CATEGORY_SET%],[%SCOPE_SET%],[GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])

but the system never found any FX rates. Do I need to assign Scope dimension to Rate Model and maintain FX rates for Scope as well?

Regards,

Rajat Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I ran:

*RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =
SPRUNCONVERSION([Conso_FX],[ACTUAL],[INR],[GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])

The system converted USD to INR.

Then i ran:

*RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =
SPRUNCONVERSION([Conso_FX],[ACTUAL],[S_CGM01],[GLOBAL],[%SCOPETABLE%],[%LOGTABLE%])

*COMMIT

S_CGM01 is a member from Scope dimension. I get "*ERROR* FX-300 Timeid=20110200 - Nothing Extract from Fact - CLCFXTRANS

I checked the data is correctly maintained.

Regards,

Rajat Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - correct error is below (corrected timeid)

I get "*ERROR* FX-300 Timeid=20140700 - Nothing Extract from Fact - CLCFXTRANS

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more input - I am using FX_TYPE = FX

I have tried removing it from the business rule and entity dimension but I get an error and normal USD to INR FX conversion also does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your initial post you said that you have maintained scope information, so in your ownership model you have methods and percentages entered on scope S_CGM01?

Which currency have you associated with this scope in the group_currency property? And what is the currency_type of S_CGM01? And did you set store_group_curr to Y or N for this element?

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I have 3 entities under S_CGM01 of which one is the holding entity and rest are subsidiaries. METHOD, POWN, PCON and PCTRL are maintained for all three entities under consolidation group S_CGM01.

GROUP_CURRENCY = INR

CURRENCY_TYPE = R (tried with G) also

STORE_GROUP_CURRENCY = Y

Regards,

Rajat Gupta

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

have you verified if you have some value in LC? see please this note 1255179 - SPRUNCONVERSION Returns FX-300 Error

otherwise verify your FxTrans tables.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I have checked the data and all the data is maintained. We are able to run USD to INR Forex conversion but its not getting updated at Consolidation Group level (S_CGM01); Scope remains S_NONE.

Seeking help to get FX conversion updated at Group level so that i can proceed with IC Elimination.

Regards,

Rajat Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

The element S_GCM01 should have currency_type = G. Could you post a screenshot of the members of your scope dimension and your fx rules?

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what happens when you remove the entity CGM01 from the scope? I also never define a currency for the NONE scope, please try taking INR out there as well.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

We resolved the issue, had to update SP and DM. We now run DM package for FX converion only once for both INR and Scope.

Thank you for the help.

Rajat