cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a session through IDT(Information Design Tool)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one issue in BO where I need help.  Following is the summary of the issue:

This is a new setup of BI 4.1 SP02 on windows server. When I try to create a session through IDT(Information Design Tool), I get the following error message: Failed to open a session. The security is unavailable on repository Error: service com.businessobjects.mds.security.AuthoringSecurityService not found, dsl.universe plugin doesnot exist in cms. Earlier I was able to make a connection.

Following are the troubleshooting steps performed:

1. User could not create a session in IDT.

2. It hits FWM 02017 error failed to open session"

3. I tried creating session in Dev environment and it worked fine.

4. We tried connecting to QA  environment from Dev  environment still same error.

5. When we open UDT it gives "You do not have authorization"

6. We checked in CMC-> Applications and found that IDT and UDT were not listed under applications.

Please let me know if you need more information regarding this issue. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

First if something is missing in Application entry under CMC that is bad, try re-dploying WAR files WITHOUT ANY antivirus  program running on your SAP BI BusObjects server! And/or do a repair of the base installation of SAP BI 4.1.

Also, consider going with 4.1 SP4, instead of SP2 line.

Another, wild guess:
Could be a problem with resolving the CMS name to IP Address, adjust your etc hosts file on your Windows laptop/desktop or try using the IP address instead of CMS name.

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

So as i understand IDT and UDT are missing from CMC >> Applications post your client installation?

Anyways, reparing the installation looks like the best bet to me.

Let me know if it helped.

-Nagendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

In case you are unable to login as Administrator and since IDT and UDT are not listed under Applications as well it could be an issue with corrupt/missing CMS metadata due to install issue.

Please check the following for missing metadata:

i. In the <BOBJ Install path>/setup/packagestemp folder, you will see several files. e.g., "C:\Program Files(x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp" on a default windows platform installation.
ii. In the install logs (setupengine.log) you will observer that CMS tried to log in but failed consistently.

You can either of the following:

1. Repair the BO installation.

2. Try repointing the CMS Database to a new blank database.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mihir

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have a few questions on this:

1) Does it work for administrator?

2) Is the user account using enterprise or 3rd party authentication to login?

3) Anything you know of that has changed since the time you were able to make a connnection?

I feel if its not working for administrator's account and its a fresh installation, repairing the client install will be a good idea.

Thanks,

Nagendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Thanks for the response. I am facing the same issue with administrator account as well.  I also tried with SAP authentication still the same issue.No changes has been made to the server. Also UDT and IDT are missing from CMC> Application tab.

Thanks,

Sunil