Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential document number missing for a particular company code

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Document number 1900000198 has been missing for a particular company code in fiscal year 2014. I mean to say document number 1900000198 has not been utilised Whereas documnet number 1900000197 and 1900000199 exists for the company code in fiscal year 2014. Wanted to know if this is something strange where a document number is missed to post in sequential order.

Regards,

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

Hi Praveen,

Go to SNRO and enter Object as "RF_BELEG" and select display icon

Check customizing specifications - Parallel Buffering is ticked or not and the no. of numbers in buffer.

This is because of this buffer that sometimes system skips numbers.

Regards,

Kavita

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Aziz,

thanks for the help. But can you please tell me regarding the issue i mentioned above about the document number range gaps what should be the approach to find the root cause and the resolution.

Appreciate your help on the same.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

problem is caused by the buffer. Edit/disable the buffer to prevent this problem from recurring. That should also solve problem caused by usage of third party tool.

hope this resolves the issue.

regards,

Aziz

former_member494843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. I did go through the S_ALR_87012342 and found three documents missing in the number range I specified.

Also I went through SNRO and applied Objects "RF_BELEG" , "DEBITOR"  "KREDITOR" and I founf No Buffering for object type  "RF_BELEG" and Main Memory buffering for  "DEBITOR"  and "KREDITOR" with 5 as No. of number in buffers section.

Can you please suggest as to what this implies and how do I found out the Object that I need to specify in SNRO.

Also I observed one peculiar thing wherin whenever there is a document posetd via third party tool an idoc is generated which would post a doc via FB08 ,the previous document number is missing in the BKPF table.

Please advise.

REgards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

To improve load performance, a range of numbers is buffered. When ones number is assigned the next number in the range becomes available. This technique saves trips to the database and improves load performance. The number 5 implies a range of 5 numbers is buffered.

You can view the table TNROT using SE16.

regards,

Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number range buffering causes the system to skip numbers sometimes. If u do not want that to happen, you will need to de activate the the buffering of the number range object .

Enter Transaction SNRO

Enter affected Object (DEBITOR, KREDITOR in FI) (RK_BELEG for CO, RV_BELEG for SD)

You can view the buffer limit or

edit the object

Save the changes

Regards,

Aziz

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You can refer OSS Note 363901 and 840901 if you want to deactivate number range buffering

regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Please check T-code

S_ALR_87012342 - Gaps in Document Number Assignment

this will gives gaps in Number ranges,