Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PM] - Notification / Work order fields protection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'am new in SAP PM and in SCN..

I'am wandering to protect some notification fields (make them non editable) in work order screen (such as: Notification reporter and date)

Is there a customizing point ? or i have to use SHD0 to set a transaction variant?

Waiting for your reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim MANAA,

T code- OIAL

Select influencing notification type-_ _

Select -Radio button for Display

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete, Harshvardhan, Nikhil,

Thanks for your prompt reply but i think that i haven't clearly demonstrate my request ( );

In SAP standard, informations filled by the reporter in the IW21 screen (such as, the reporter name or the malfunction start date) are used automatically in the IW31 screen but still editable (they refer to the same table)

But, in my client plant, the person who emits the notification (production operator) is not the same that releases the work order (maintenance technician). then, we have to keep the shared informations non editable in the work order screen (protected, grayed) to compare them later (...)

In OIAL, for example, setting the parameter of "reported by" field in Disp. mode will gray the field in both IW21 and IW31 screens, something that doesn't fit to my request.  and In OIAN, i'haven't found those fields..

Waiting for your replay.

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

Reported by & Malfunction date/time are not the fields of Order instead they are of notification and therefore editability of those fields is only applicable to notification only.

Just for info, since its more than 6 months its open is issue still pending at your side??

regards

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Yes i agree, that'a why we couldn't manage its fields view independently in the WO view..

Yes it still pending.. if you have any suggestion for this open point it will be greatful (authorization ..)

In the end, i would like to thank all the contributors for theirs helps !

Regards

Karim

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I guess what I have understood from your requirements is that you wish to restrict user to change certain data in notification after creating WO, if that's so, then you can make some fields non editable though the path as suggested by other colleagues and also you can go for authorizations but I guess your requirement through authorization would make notification and order more complex to handle.

I would suggest to keep some fields as mandatory so that user must enter the data and also would be allowed to change till TECO. In this way user will be able to enter accurate data.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

As I've explained before, the notification process is handled by the production staff and the conversion of notification to work order is done by the maintenance team.. in this situation the information filled by the production technician shouldn't be modified by the maintenance technician..

But, as you have mentioned, the notification information (that are shown in the work order view) comes from the notification table.. and there is no separate customizing point to gray those fields ONLY in the work order view..

Hope that you have understood my problem

Regards

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Karim, as such you have explained your requirement I guess the solution will be through ABAP only. you can view these threads to get an idea of it.

Hope this helps!!

how to make field non-editable (display mode) | SCN

Thanks

kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you !

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can always set the field selection in configuration, based on the notification types and Order types  configured for your business.

Path for Notification filed selection:

SPRO --> IMG --> Plant Miantenance & Customer service - Maintenance & Service processing -->Notification Creation --> Set field selection for notifications.

Path for Maintenance Order field selection :-

Here you have to choose fields based on header and Operational data

SPRO --> IMG --> Plant Miantenance & Customer service - Maintenance & Service processing -->Maintennace & Service Orders --> Define field selection for Order Header Data(PM) & Define field selection for Order Operation Data(PM & CS)

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still we can limit required fields non editable mode basing on notification type also.

Regards,

Nikhil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karim MANAA,

Have a look at the following customising settings:

Notifications: Set Field Selection for Notifications (transaction OIAL)

Orders: Define Partner Determination Procedure and Partner Function (transaction SPRO)

PeteA