cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction WT issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

A deduction WT is not being deducted when the amount being deducted is higher than the Total Pay, and as a result in it is failing to produce a NEGATIVE net pay on the payslip? What processing classes must be maintained? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Deduction's parameters on table view V_T51P6.  It shoulod deduct what is possible and write the remainder into ARRRS (unless you use a Deduction with Balance and Total).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic, thanks Remi you are a star. Using V_t51p6 that has resulted in zero net pay. Thanks Omid as well for your input, it was very helpful too.

Please explain the ARRRS and DDNTK table, where can I view these tables? What do you mean by unless I use a deduction with balances and total, do you mean the characteristics of the wage type?

Thanks a lot.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The DDNTK and ARRRS tables will exist in the Employee's Payroll Results Cluster, when the employee has Deductions not taken or Arrears.

A Deduction not taken may or may not go into Arrears, depending on it's settings in V_T51P6.

For Deductions with Balance and Total, the deduction should not be set-up for ARRRS since the Balance/Total control the amount of the deduction (but it will appear in DDNTK for every pay if the Deduction (IT0014) is still valid and the Total has been reached).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks dude, I appreciate that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct and system will carryforward the amount to next payroll to deduct

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand what your saying?

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean payment amount always is 0 or a positive. It can't be negative. So, when the deduction is greater than payment amount system will just keep the payment az 0 and will carryforward the rest deduction to next month to dedcut it from EE.

If this is not the case for you, recommend sharing screenshots to have a look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

Thanks for the reply, I greatly appreciate it. What you are saying does make logical sense to me, however the wage type is being bypassed (not even being recognized by the system when the deduction is above total pay).

For example;

Employee X is getting paid £4000, if the manual recovery is £5000. the NET pay is not amounting to £0.00.

In fact it is just calculating Net pay after tax and pension deductions and giving a salary £2700.00

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suganthan,

You should consider your schema in detail how does it work!

I recommend that you run payroll for this EE and go into output log and check pcrs carefully out to see how they act.

As I see advance recover has minus sign. you should check why system keeps it minus while consider it as a deduction item and when system make a sum of deduction items why does not consider it. Perhaps its processing class is not set correctly.

Please check processing calss 41. In standard system for deduction items this must be set to 3. By this you will find total of deduction amount in wage type /110. Check what is set for Tax paid for example and if it's the same for advance recover.

Regards,

Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

That was because I had set processing class 47 to Q, I done this so it is easier for you to see.

What actually happens is that the manual recovery wt does not appear at all when the wt is more than the total pay.  However when it is less, it deducts normally.

PC 41 is set to 3. CN - Net benefits/deductions.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you have done it by Q?

As you see pcr puts amount into RT also. What happens in next steps to this WT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've removed Q.

After adding amount in RT it also adds the wage type to a variable table.

I will try all of the possible entries.

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you put amount in IT0015 for this WT keep PC: 47 empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck at all, anyway thanks for the help, I do really appreciate it.