Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch determination in production order automatically for component

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please understand the scenario and conclude the results

Few of RM is having Batch management where Stock are lying into different production shop floor location XXXX and those RM is used into one production order of Finished Goods where System will not picking batch into production order , that we are putting by checking availability and than putting correct Shop floor Storage location and correct Batch in which stock is lying.

now the above activity i want to perform through automatic batch determination which will system pick by default in which stock is exist in shop floor location. please suggest me step by step procedures for the same. few idea i have but i need clear guidelines....

Thanks in advance..

Pankaj Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please check the below link...

SAP Batch Determination - SAPs'WORD - We SAP For Your Cause

Thanks

Kumar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Few of RM is having Batch management where Stock are lying into different production shop floor location XXXX

What do you mean by different Production shop floor locations?

If you have WM replenishment then by using different Storage types/Storage units under one shop floor location your requirement can be fulfilled.

Br

KK

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kiran

Different storage location means one shop floor is having one XXXX storage Location and and it is different from Store storage location.

We are keeping Stock first into Store area  than  move it to shopfloor location through 311.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

You can define the production storage location in BOM component details under Status/Lng Text or in MRP2  production storage location so that system will do the reservation by default for this production storage location and also good issue will be from same storage location.

Against this reservation you can transfer the stock from stores to shopfloor.

Check below SAP note for more information

137225 - Prod. order: Issuing storage location for component

Br

KK

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kiran

Hi upto Production Storage location is perfect than we are doing , i am asking about Batch Materials which is having Stock in number of Batches than how automatic system will take into Production order and comes directly into co11n.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

How do you want to do the batch determination based on Shelf life or Based GR date of Batches?

Please search in this forum to get help on above contents as they were discussed many times.

Check below link for basic understanding http://www.sapsword.com/home/sap-batch-management/sap-batch-determination

Br

KK

neeraj_ahuja3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kiran

Based on GR Batches weather it is dates or automatically genrated our series.

Rgds

Pankaj Agarwal

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Sorry I could not understand your question if you want to do batch determination based on FIFO or LIFO of GR date of Batches then you need to assign characteristics LOBM_HSDT , LOBM_VFDT  to batch class and create sort rule in CU70 with same characteristics and create batch search strategy in COB1.

Br

KK