cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM WM integration stock transfer between storage locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to send a QM sample (created after GR in MM) from one storage location to another one. I know this can be achieved using transaction code QAC2. However i want to place the inspection order quantity in a WM storage bin and the sample has to be transfered to another (non WM managed) storage location. After user decision the sample has to be added to the inspection order and has to be changed for Q to unrestricted stock (after a returns Stock transport order

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WM is a sub to MM, whatever you do in MM in a warehouse managed location it will create quants in the interim storage types and transfer requirements or posting change notices to do the same action in WM and to keep MM and WM in sync.

I see less problems with Q stock in WM than in MM. Where exactly is your trouble and what errors do you get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

well when after the GR in quality stock is done in MM, according to the online documentation, a sample is created. For this sample a TR in WM in Q stock is created in GR interim storage area or sample bin...., the rest of the inspection lot is placed into a WM storage bin in Q stock.

Now we want to send this sample to another storage location within the same plant. My idea was to create a stock transport order (movement type 641 or 647) with a delivery and a shipment. But will we get issues with the TO created, based on the delivery, to pick the sample quantity and send it to the other storage location? And is the TR created for the sample in WM still valid after this stock transport to another storage location?

After some searching on the internet i noticed that the QAC2 transaction is to be used for sample movements plant to plant or stor loc to stor loc. But can the above described process take place, and will we encouter the same issues then??

Like to hear from you. Noticed some of your replies on ittoolbox too which were very helpfull!

ssubni
Participant
0 Kudos

Is your stock batch managed? If it is, you cannot split the stock for sample to transfer to another location in QAC2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian, no the stock is not batch managed.

Maybe i am missing just a little link here to have the process figured out.

In IM/MM - QM it is quite common to have your sample tested in another storage location. I can find quite some documentation about that.

But when WM is involved the only documentation i can find has the assumption that the QM stor loc is similar to the WM stor loc.

Maybe i described the issue not clear enough.

I look for a way to have the inspection lot placed in a WM storage bin but the sample has to be send to another (QM) storage location.

How can the references between the sample and the inspection order be remineded once the approved/disapproved sample returns in the WM stor loc?

If not please let me know, then i can search for another solution to this issue.

Thanks!!!

ssubni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Still I am not clear. when you receive the sample why you want to keep it in different storage location instead you can maintain it in different bin called "sample bin" in the same storage location. ypou can create a separate storage type ( i.e 001 Sample).

Based on the inspection, whether it is destructive or non-destructive, you can scrap it or bring it to stock based on your business. For that you need to configure WM- QM integration. You can see it in the following path

LE-WM-Interfaces-Define Quality managemet - do the config for all the three activities (sample control,storage type search, activate QM  interim storage  type search).

Then everything will be automatic. The sample will be automatically consumed during usage decision if it is scrapped or sampled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, i thought about your suggestion too. It seems a good alternative. Another option is during GR in quality inspection stock to create a TO towards a workcenter. But, like the sample bin solution you suggest, i still have no physical transfer of the sample quantity to the other storage location.

The reason my client wants this is to have better insight in what stock is physically in which storage location. The storage location where the materials are tested is physically 100 km from the central warehouse. So the sample has to be shipped from the central warehouse (WM managed) towards the warehouse where they test the samples.

As you describe we can put the sample in the storage bin in Q stock and wait for them to be approved and the post them to unrestriced use stock by the user decision. But still the physical transfer is not solved in my opinion. What am i missing?

We have other non WM managed storage locations too which we supply from the central (WM) managed warehouse with materials (via MRP run). The (UB) purchase reqs result in a (UB) purchase order, then we convert them into a (NL) delivery with VL10B and create a shipment and a pick (transfer) order and ship them from the WM stor loc to the other non WM stor locs.

ssubni
Participant
0 Kudos

You can think of receiving in two steps for the GR. First the sample quantity into non WM storgae location and receive the remaining part in WM manged location. But  based on your  material master setting  (Quality view -  control of inspection lot creation (Control inslot))  you can create one or multiple inspection lots for the same batch and material.

Once the inspection is done and released, you can bring the stock back to WM manged location through IM transfer. You can use the TO created for the first GR for sample as a document to move the sample from your location to sample location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup,

that seems a good idea. We need a shipment though for the transportation of the sample from warehouse A to B. This should be a shipment without a reference to a sto, delivery, TO since the sample is already received in warehouse B although it is physically in A and should be shipped to be for quality inspection..... right? Only a text based shipment (VT01n) with the note that sample .... should be shipped to warehouse B....

I hope the client accepts this...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have chosen to book the sample to 917 workcenter instead of a separate storage location.

Thanks for your efforts!!

Kind regards,

Mark