Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning an employee to multiple company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two doubts.

1. Can we assign an emaployee to more than one personnel area? -

2. If it is not possible, what other way to assign an employee to multiple company codes.

Could you please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member223911
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have faced issue similar than this

I  have one employee working in same entity (client) but in two branches (company codes)

and he also get the salary from both company codes in different currency

what they need me to do to hire him twice to get two perner and I need a solution to hire him just one time with one perner

any suggestions ?? to assign him to multiple company codes or what ...  ??

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Concurrent Employment

Purpose

Caution

This component is not released for all customers. For more information, see SAP note 517071.

You use this component to manage HR master data, the time data and benefits of your

concurrently employed persons, and to run the payroll for these employees. A situation for Concurrent Employment exists if the following conditions are fulfilled:

• An employee has several

personnel assignments with the same organizational unit at the same time. The organizational unit can be the same enterprise, several affiliated enterprises, or the same group of enterprises.

• The employee’s data is managed in the same SAP R/3 system for all personnel assignments.

Implementation Considerations

To implement this component, you must activate it in your system. To do so, perform the following IMG activity in Customizing for Personnel Management under Personnel Administration ® Basic Settings ® Basic Settings for Concurrent Employment ® Activate Concurrent Employment.

Personnel Administration

• Benefits
  • Time Management
  • PayrollIf you have activated Concurrent Employment in your system, you must implement it for the Benefits andPayroll components.You do not have to implement Concurrent Employment for the Personnel Administration and Time Management components, even if it is active in your system.ExampleThe following graphic illustrates a typical case of Concurrent Employment:This graphic is explained in the accompanying textJulie Armstrong has two personnel assignments with a university. She works as operating-room nurse in the surgical department of the university’s orthopedic clinic 50% of the time. 50% of the time she works as pediatric nurse in the children’s clinic of the university. The university manages the data of all employees that are employed in the university clinic in the same SAP R/3 system.

For more clarification click on below link

Concurrent Employment - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In concurent employement he will get two employee numbers(Personnel assignment 1, one employee number and Personnel assignement 2, 2nd employee number).

Could you please correct me if my uderstanding is correct.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct i think. You can google concurrent employment there is loads of info on this.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes your right..

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would help a lot, if you could ckarify the requirement. Does this person actually hold 2 separate employment contracts?

If not, all the talk of concurrent employment is futile and we are only looking at distributing cost between two cost centres, who happen to be in different company codes (making it a bit more complicated, but 1000 miles away from the implementation of concurrent employment).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact same question: One employee needs their labor hours distributed between two company codes in the same parent company.  We have a chemical plant with several company codes based on different partnerships.  The maintenance department is centralized (i.e. one mechanic might work in three different company codes in a single day).  We would like to charge a mechanic’s hours against the work orders, which have functional locations registered to different company codes.  In CO11N, you can input the personnel number, work order number, and number of hours worked.  The system will then charge the cost center on the work order based on a fixed hourly rate for the employee.  Can this be done with multiple company codes or does the mechanic need a unique personnel number for each company code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noah,

I don't use CO11N, but cost distributions can be done from HR across company codes in various ways, no issue. You just need to be set up for it in FICO with clearing accounts and that stuff.

You can distr %salary in IT0027 or from OM. You can assign hours or indiv. payments in IT 20nn, 14, 15.

However: the employee is still assigned to ONE company only. This company pays his salary and that's where he's taxed, NIed etc.

If he holds actually 2 different contracts with 2 companies, you need 2 PERNRs

Hope that helps

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

Thank you for your attention in the matter.  I mispoke about the use of CO11N; the transaction would be IW41. Can we have a mechanic with one personnel number charge hours to work orders with different company codes via IW41?  We have constant conflicts trying to charge materials to work orders with different company codes (i.e. goods issue cannot occur when the material is used in a company code that differs from where it was purchased).  This requires extending the material, performing a stock transfer (goods movement), and then a goods issue.  Will we have similar problems trying to charge labor hours from an employee in one company code to a work order in another using IW41?

Thanks again,

Noah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noah,

From an HR point of view, none of this should be an issue - there are various ways of cross company posting incl directly from payroll - provided the respective clearing accounts are set up.

As none of the transactions you mention are in HR, I guess your issues don't sit in HR and you might get better input in the respective groups of SCN.

I can only confirm that the outgoing interfaces from HR can deal with distribution across company codes, but HR doesn't control what happens on the otger end. But I would assume: if you have issues with materials, you are likely to have the same issues with labour.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Infotype 0001 is time constraint 1, therefore you cannot have more than one entry at any one point in time. I think that the only way you can do what you want is to use Concurrent Employment for this purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only have one Personnel Area in IT0001 and that must be the one the person is actually employed by as per contract.

What you can do, is to distribute cost to a differen company code, e.g. using IT0027. However, that means you need to have a clearing process in place between the two company codes for cross-charging, as all payments always come from the actual contractual employer (i.e. Data in IT0001).

If the person does hold contracts with two different company codes (i.e. Companie), then it's a completely different story. That'll require two personnel numbers. The concurrent employment solution would probably improve that, but too big a solution, if you have only a few cases.