cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing fonts when scheduling a pdf job or a print job on CRS2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently installed and approved CRServer 2011 as a production server.

Our Crystal Server 2011 SP06 is installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

When we schedule a print or a pdf job, the report footer brings a '7' instead of the fax font of Wingdings 2.

We installed the missing font on our windows server but the problem still persists, even after rebooting windows server and restarting SIA Server.

When we open a wordpad document, the font is selectable so I guess, it is correctly installed.

We do not have the problem with de phone font of Wingdings which is pre-installed with windows server.

See in attached file our report footer made with the pdf job in the CMC.

Does anyone has an answer ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found why !

If some fonts aren't installed when you install your crystal server 2011, no matter which version, your server won't partially see them.

BUT, if you choose to install an new service pack or uninstall and re-install an existing one AFTER having installed your missing fonts, it'll work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastien,

Adding the Fonts to the Windows Server is NOT sufficient you need to update the XML file so the BI Platform is aware it.   Please see additional information to couple of SAP notes that tell you how to add the fonts to the Platform.  When you schedule the report it uses the Platform, this is why you need to update the XML file so the internal servers are aware if it.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1907396

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2010036

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I have no directory fonts and no such file i18n.xml in my scripts directory.

These directories and files exists in the Crystal Reports XI installation path. I guess that's why it worked so far.

But my new platform CRS 2011 SP06 don't have any of these :

[Install Path]\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\fonts

[Install Path]\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts\i18n.xml

[Install Path]\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\fonts

[Install Path]\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\scripts\i18n.xml

Should I create them ?

Regards,

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I don't have Web Intelligence. I have Crystal Server 2011 installed.

These tickets are for WEBI.

What about Crystal Server 2011 ? Why are there missing fonts ??

Regards,

Sebastien

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically this means that there was a substitution done because the font was not available. E.g.; either it is not there, or the CRS process does not have permissions to it.

I've moved the query to the the BI Platform Space and you should be able to get more help here as this is the forum for CRS questions.

Also see if the search term 'crystal server font' will bring up anything useful (search box is on to[ right corner).

- Ludek

SCN Moderator

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps the font is not TrueType or doesn't have embeddability permissions (right-click the font file, Properties, ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already checked this. Nope, the embeddability is the same "Editable" for the wingdings 1 and 2.

And the Wingdings 2 , which is a TTF, has been  working so far on a  Crystal Server XI / Windows Server 2003.