Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User id login time control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to control some of user id which cannot use in particular time (e.g.: peak hour). Could you advice if there are any configure setting which can setup login time limit in particular user id? (e.g.: CUA, if yes. could you advice?) Thanks very much!

Rdgs,
Emily

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily

Why do you want to control users to specific time of day? Most times for time limit is for specific programs so they do not run during high end-user activity and cause performance issues.

I don't think there is anything SAP standard to prevent users to a specific time window other than lock/unlock accounts.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your advice. Actually I would like to reduce server workloading by limited different user id logon time. Just enquire if there are any configure setting are available to limit login time in user id.

Rdgs,
Emily

0 Kudos

Hi Emily

Again I would be looking at which programs are causing the high server load and limiting them to specific times of day. If not, maybe you need to look at general system performance and tuning of system to improve server workload?

As mentioned, I don't believe there is anything SAP standard for this but it seems like you are trying to use security to fix a system performance issue. I've been in cases where accounts are locked for specific activities (like payroll) but that's been done manually via SU10 and then unlocked after activity.

Regards

Colleen