cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data import framework supplier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using the following reference for CSV file upload for supplier. After implementing nuggets as explained in the link.

After enhancement spot activation,

1) I copied CSV file to file path using CG3Z.

2)  using dtimport (DIF) screen to upload option, When we click on import button, we are getting run number..(Screen 1 below).

But, When we got to Show Details. I always see Files Processing is Pending. ( Screen 2). Why files are not automatically processing?

Is there any step i missed?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30089d2e-2221-3110-98a7-b40ebf325...

Screen 1 :-

Screen 2 :-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

Did you select the Governence Tick box before run? It will take BPLP1 CR (mass upload) type when you select the goverenence tick box.

hope you checked the directory content before the run  to see the attached file.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syam,

I am trying with out governance box ticked as I dont want to govern for this.

Governance is optional step here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

Referred link is not working. Please check.

Regards

Former Member
former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

Please check the below steps.

1.Check the configuration of Ports assingment.

2.Check the data format of CSV file contains any leading zeros,if yes as soon as you close the file the data wiil not be read by the system.keep copied csv file open and try import after saving the leading zero column as text.

3.Good option will be convert it to XML file and import.

4.check the detials in tcode in SLG1 for any message.

5.to move the file you need to create the  archive job as well.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for the response.

Point # 2 and Point # 3 , regarding preceding zeros and file problems and issues are fine.

We have not configured any idoc ports and soa ports in this system. We are assuming DIF framework for Business Partner ( as we dont need any replication within the system yet) use funtion modules to save the data in tables.

For CSV upload, what we need to configure IDOC / SOA? Please guide us with some documentation.

Point # 5, We have crated Archive folder as well as part of File and MDGimg configs, But not clear about archive job. Please explain.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

Please refer to the below link.

SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library

refer to the section

Data Import into Target System (MDG Hub)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also refer toone of my block might help you to some extend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your replies.

I am trying to post idocs from the same server.

Material IDOC :- I am able to execute materials from BD10 and execute dtimport. IDOCs are failing as materials are exists in active area. But, this is fine.

Vendor IDOC (Cremas) :- After BD14 execution, We are getting error "IDOC process could not determine DRF customizing  for the client system local_exec".  This message indicates, since MDG-S is active, idocs can not posted. I think ther are some sap notes availble to overcome this. need to check.

Vendor CSV file import. :- This is my requirement ( instead of XML). As per the below blog, We implemented enhancement spot.

But, We are not sure this approach need proxy / services enablement. Please guide us which services need to enable to trigger csv files.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30089d2e-2221-3110-98a7-b40ebf325...

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joe,

I guess based on the error something is missing in your config. Please check all the steps carefully.

i.e.ALE/IDOC config.

coming to question of whether you have go with services or not,you have decide which approach suites to your requirment.Once can go with any one approch,all the services used in MDG are mention in help docs you can use as per you need.

One question which bother me also is why we should use Local_exec(it is not advisable to use port) port,I am still struggling to get answer for it,May Abdaulla can put some light one it(if he is watching the post ).

Good this is that SAP has give with new version some MDG specific Directory also.