cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS on AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement to set up ADS in my environment.

My ABAP stack has Netweaver 7.4 SR1 (EHP7), so it is recommended to go for same Netweaver AS Java(standalone) to install ADS.

I have to download and install SAP Netweaver 7.4 SR1 Java which will automatically install ADS component also right, post that I must do the Basic configuration settings to activate ADS in my ABAP stack right?.

Please share your experience.

Also below are the components I must download for installing SAP Netweaver 7.4 SR1 Java right(AIX/Oracle)?

51047454_2 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 2 of 7 

51047454_3 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 3 of 7 

51047454_4 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 4 of 7 

51047454_5 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 5 of 7 

51047454_6 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 6 of 7 

51047454_7 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 7 of 7 

51047454_1 NW 7.4 SR1 Java based SW Comp.s 1 of 7

with the below 741 Kernel.

51048107_7 SAP Kernel 7.41 AIX 64bit

Also while installation I can use the Java UME right as I am just installing ADS only to support ADS in my ABAP system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

For all above queries, you should start reading the instillation guide and relevant notes.

For reference, you can check SCN threads and wikis.

Also, have a look at below link.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I am already looking into the installation guides and notes.

It would be helpful if you can confirm on the media files and UME part alone.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I can't confirm specifically the media numbers for AIX/Oracle, but in general, yes, you need the 7.41 kernel and the Java-based SW Comp media that you listed above (double-check that you are getting the ones for AIX/Oracle.  You also need the Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM), which is not "media" per se, but a direct download from Service Marketplace (you need the SWPM version, not the 70SWPM version; check Note 1680045).

As ADS will be a standalone Java installation, you're correct, you can use the UME to manage the technical users.  I believe it's possible to have it use the ABAP backend user management, if you wish, but it's not mandatory (and we didn't for our 7.01 installation).  You don't need to set up all your end users in it, just a technical user called ADSUSER.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Matt for your clear explanation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Install the Java stack based on NetWeaver 7.4 and configure ADS and the ones you have listed should be fine. You need to also download the SWPM and Oracle installation media.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raegan for confirming about the media.