cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me out SAP_pp_019 heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_pp_019 heuristics creates automatic fixed pegging  relation ship  .generally we have automatic fixed pegging and manual fixed pegging .

Example :

1) created sale order and triggered GATP

2)It calls CTP where SAP_PP_019 is run and coresponding planning takes place and pegging relation ship are generated in product view

3)when I Trigger Gatp to  same sales order .why the pegging losses as it is fixed pegging so it should not break while converting to production order ?????

please correct if am wrong in any of 3 steps

Thanks & Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin

After GATP along with planned orders all its dependent demand elements are pegging

Regards

virender

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the PP planning procedure assigned to the products that are planned automatically by CTP. In the planning procedure, make sure Fixed Pegging is active at the procedure level as well as at the event 'Create/Change dependent demand' level. This will make sure the CTP created planned order and all the dependent demands are fix-pegged. You don't have to call SAP_PP_019 during CTP.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear manimaram

yeh your correct it calls CTP In planning procedures fixed pegging is active  as it is showing  type of pegging is A automatic fixed pegging
But tell me that in fixed pegging  why some other planned orders which are not relavant to my sales order are getting pegged to  sales orders .

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using MTO scenario or MTS scenario?

If it is MTO, there is no way, other planned orders from any other sales order pegging to your particular sales order.

If it is MTS sales order, there is no one-to-one relation to sales order and receipt. So, one planned order may be pegged by multiple sales orders and vice versa.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manimaram

can you please tell me what is MTS &MTO Scenerio shortly  so i can say which scenerio it is

Thanks&regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manimaram

It is MTO scenerio

generally when i create manual planned order  i get dynamic pegging .tell me how to create

• M for manually fixed pegging relationship
m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Please check what is the requirement strategy for your product in APO.

That will give you the details.

MTO -Make To Order - here the sales order is planned in individual segment

MTS - Make To Stock - here the sales orders and forecasts are planned in the same segment.

Regards,

Manimaran M,

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

what is your exact questions can you please elaborate with some examples?

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin

Actually insted of getting 3 levels planned orders  i am getting dependent demand element after first level of planned order after doing re_gatp i am getting 3 levels planned orders

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry.. again confusing with your statemtne.

when do you get 3 level planned order and when not?

do you means ... in MRP u get 3 level and in GATP u wont?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

generally after creating sales order you triggered for gatp as per BOM explosion i get my planned orders  so in my BOM there re 3 levels .so i as to get 3 planned orders but insted of getting 3 planned order after 1 st level planned orders .dependent demand is getting pegged insted of getting 2 nd and 3 rd level

Hope you understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say generally ... it means as per your system design right?

so with your statement, i think you need to check the planning procedure for the 2nd and 3rd level items.  Make sure they are also same as level 1 (CTP relevant).

Thanks

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeh every thing s right when i do regatp for that then i get all planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is planning procedure at all levels..??  BOM level 1,2 and 3... is it same of different.  (Planning procedure in PPDS tab page of product master)

please check....

when you do first ATP check... what is the check mode it calls? and when you do Re-ATP which check mode it calls?

since its strange.. it wont call first time and next time it calls?   does anything changes during this period??

I hope you can test this right away on your own. and above are not the statements from users, as they might miss somethings sometime...

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Virandra,

any updates on this?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pravin

how to check planning procedure levels ?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virender,

how to check planning procedure levels ?

????? Go into the product master of each component in each BOM that is being investigated; and check that the planning procedure assigned to that product meets with your business requirements.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra,

Dogboy49,  already answered your query to me. since you are expecting a multilevel CTP, you have to make sure all the BOM level (for which you expect CTP) should have the relevant Planning procedure in the Product Master.

If the issues resolved, please close the ticket.

Thanks

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pravin

where to see planning procedure in product master kindly help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product master, PPDS tab.

make sure you have same Procedure for as for header materials.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin

It has been correctly mantained for all the levels like Plan EXPLOSION,  priority, ppds horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the planning procedure same ??  what is it? standard one or custom one?

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pravin

It is custom one where each level of  material are having there own planning procedures

where the custom planning procedure can be seen

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be rare for CTP only at different levels they will create different planning procedure. If yes, there might a business reason. try to find out.

But just to check what is going on, i would suggest you to make the planning procedure same a header planning procedure and do test.

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear pravin

so we canot see these planning procedure which are custom ?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can always check them in the configurations.

APO-IMG-Advanced Planning and Optimization-Supply Chain Planning-Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)-Maintain Planning Procedures

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virender,

Expert Pravin has answered your question about Planning Procedures

I will make two small comments.  In my CTP experience, I have never seen anyone use the SAP_PP_019 heuristic as a CTP heuristic.  019 is a pegging heuristic, and typically CTP uses some type of material planning heuristic (e.g. create supply elements).  I am not saying that your heuristic is wrong, I am only saying that I have never seen it used in such a way.

I have further never seen an implementation for CTP where there were more than 2 different planning procedures in use.

You did not ask for it, but let me give you a small piece of advice.  CTP and multilevel planning are not simple or trivial subjects.  From your responses about planning procedures, I will draw the conclusion that your experience in this area is...somewhat limited.

Yes, you can go to SCN and ask for advice, and we will offer whatever help we can.  However, the detailed troubleshooting techniques required to solve such a problem are not really suited to SCN postings.  There are already 30 items in this post, and the end does not seem to be in sight.

If I were in the position of being responsible for solving this problem, and I had little experience to bring to bear, and there was no documentation which described the original solution in detail, then I would request local expert assistance to help me in this matter.  If such assistance were not to be available, I would further request my management to engage an external resource to assist; one who has extensive experience in customized CTP solutions. A competent CTP expert can probably zero in on the problem in a few days.  

Using only yourself and SCN as a resource, you may find a solution to your problem tomorrow, or you may not find it after months of searching.  In most businesses I have worked with, this level of uncertainty would be considered unacceptable.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI DB

your correct 019 heuristic is different from ctp heuristic.

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

its breaking during the next ATP or during the planned order conversion to Prod order? and do inform, the conversion is triggering from APO??

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case your planned and production orders are created in ECC this SAP note could be relevant:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/914692

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, just read thru again... i assume your planned orders are created in APO