cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct when GL balance is not equal to the line items

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue where the GL balance in FS10N is not equal to the line items when I double-click on it.   I was able to trace it from the very start that that the company has gone live in 1999.   The GL account is not open-item managed and its OK to keep it that way.  But we are just wanting to correct it so that the line items would be the same as in the GL balance. 

Thanks and regards,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason for this difference is you have activated line item display at a later date after you have posted some entries.

If you are on classical GL - execute program RFSEPA01. Please note before doing this, you need to block the GL account. Once you have successfully executed in production mode, unblock the GL accounts.

If you are new GL - Use transaction code FAGL_ACTIVATE_IT

Here also you need to block, run, unblock (as mentioned above)

Hope this helps.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If the documents cannot be seen in BSEG (according to what has been said above), then it is not linked to line item display.

Regards,

Eli

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanted to change the open item managed at this stage for those account, then it is a separate issue. You must use transaction code FAGL_ACTIVATE_OP

Please note: Not having open item managed does not affect your FS10N and FBL3N matching. However, the only problem is that you cannot clear the items on these GL accounts.

If you have maintained the line item display after making some postings then your FS10N and FBL3N would not match for the previous items. Then you need to run RFSEPA01 program as mentioned above.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli.

You are right, if the problem is with the postings, then they should look into the programs that you have mentioned.

In addition, they should also explore the programs

TFC_COMPARE_VZ (transaction code FAGLF03)

TFC_ADJUST_VZ

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Eli,

I will check and test those transactions and see which ones work for us.  I will let you know as soon as possible.

BR,

Tess

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your balances on the go-live were uploaded directly without passing them through FI documents, then you will have consistency issue. I saw similar cases at several projects. What you can do is one of the following:

a) Keep the things as they are, explaining in a footnote the difference between lines and totals, in cases if someone will be interested to know

b) Registering the 'missing' documents in the relevant year. This will obviously increase your balances. From you description, I understand, that you are using classic G/L and not New G/L. In this case, you would have to run SAPF070 and SAPF071 programs to reconcile the data in the relevant year. Since, the balances are correct now in the system, you wouldn't have to do a carry-forward again.

Regards,

Eli

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

Run balance carry forward program FAGLGVTR/F.07 for the GL.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Thanks Mukhtar... But everything has been forwarded correctly into the next year.    The strange thing about this is that in BSEG except for three documents the amounts of which is not equal to the FY 1999 postings in FS10N, there are no other documents, i.e., BSEG is not populated except for 3 documents.

BR,

Tess

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

Check the FAGL_SUPPORT tcode. Maybe you'll find difference between the FAGLFLEXT or GLT0 and BSIS ans BSAS or FAGL*.

Be careful to use this tcode.

JPA

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean the 3 documents are not posted in the table BSEG in FY 1999. As said you earlier, you went live on 1999 and this might looks legacy upload issue. At the time of legacy upload you have to enter the details at FI side. Please check once again and let me know.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I can see balance amounts in several periods when I looked into FS10N but when I go down to the transactional level, I can only see 3 documents.  And yes, you're right, its a legacy upload issue.  The company officially went live on November but several uploads have been done prior to that and the documents related to that are not in BSEG nor it have been archived.

Regards,

Tess

0 Kudos

Many thanks JPA, I will research on this tcode and see if its something I can work on.  I'll let you know as soon possible.

BR,

Tess