cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the minimum hardware Server requirement for SAP BI BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be thankful if someone can please tell me  What are the minimum hardware Server requirement for SAP BI BO. if a separate Desktop is used for the server or local server purpose.

In the Desktop

I have 8 GB RAM

2.60 Ghz Processor ( CPU)

System type: 64 bit OS

regards

ranendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ritesh0605
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please provide the Server requirement for SAP BI 4.3.

Thanks

0 Kudos

I got a slightly different twist: is there - from experience - any maximum hardware sizing with respect to maximum number of CPU cores for a single node in an SAP BI 4.1 cluster?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such thing as maximum. It depends on your requirement. Following the sizing guide will give you ballpark estimate of the systems size required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

As you said you would like to know server config for BI BO

now the latest is BI7.4 BO 4.0

and both are getting data from R/3 at  some extent level to further process

and in R/3 you may have some TB of data depending on prd server

and bo also doing the same thing

so if you need stand by server also you need windows xeon processer

Intel Xeon X5650 2.6Ghz 6 Core Processor 12MB/1333

with 64 gb of ECC RAM

Regards

0 Kudos
  1. A 64-bit SERVER OS, so no WIndows 7, Windows Vista, etc!
  2. At least 16 GB RAM
  3. At least 8000 SAPS, which is approx. 6 CPU cores (without hyper-threading!)

You might get away with less, but that would be for a pure sandbox and most likely is hardwarewise NOT supported at all.

For productive use assuming you are utilizing also unX universes I would not start with anything below:

• 32+ GB RAM
  • 8+ CPU cores

Otherwise, as already mentioned the PAM rules, see: service.sap.com/pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Andreas, Yeah I looking for a server for Sanbox only. As of now i will not work with universes but with BEx Query.

regards

ranendra

0 Kudos

So you intend on using WebIntelligence against SAP BEx queries (direct access via BICS, no unX)?
If so I would still go with 32 GB RAM as BICS is - behind the scenes - utilzing a unX universe, which is invisible to the outside world, even to an administrator, to manage the connection between SAP BEx query and Webi.

Make sure you go with the current version, which is SAP BI BusinessObjects 4,1 SP4 Patch 2 as of today. Remember, the SAP BI BusinessObjects client tools (including Webi RICH Client, IDT, etc,.) are a separate download and install package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I intend to use SAP Business Objects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius 2008) with BEx Query as the data source via BICS Connections, no unX Universe.

I didn't get you what you meant by SAP BI Business Objects 4.1 client tool are separate download and install package, how is it related to server set up.

regards

ranendra

0 Kudos

Often people wonder where the client tools are after they installed the SAP BI BusObjects server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client tools - like SAP BI BO Dashboards - would be used under development roles.

The server - administrative - best not contain the client tools!

Setups of both on the same machine have led to several issues!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also visit the help.sap.com for sizing guide for BI/

this will help you for a long term approach to size your environment accordingly.

direct link:

Regards,

Atul B

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the attached PAM for BO 4.0 and 4.1.Minimum hardware details are listed there.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0134dbb-8f10-3010-5084-cf90dbb35...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

I haven't try with your similar specification but  in the below link some one tried with similiar one.

Amit