cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database size is suddenly started increasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having the linux and DB6. Suddenly from last 2 weeks our db size started increasing almost around 300 to 400 MB per day. On the day our BW consultant has split some process chain into multiple one it has started increasing.

I have raised this issue to SAP so they are telling that there are no such errors on the database level only some of the tables mentioned below are having large data size

DYNPSOURCE

REPOLOAD

SOFFCONT1

REPOSRC

TST03

They have given one central note having a procedure to reduce the size of these tables. Still i have one doubt is after executing these reports one can reduce the size of table space but how to stop the daily increasing db size?? Further more how to find out why the db size is increasing. I have checked the global work process, table space but no consistency is observed so that i can make the conclusion because of these reasons db size is growing.

Experts please guide me regarding the below issue. How to find out why exactly the db size is growing.

Early response is appreciated..

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If no major activity is going on and DB size is growing.

Try to schedule housekeeping jobs for large tables as mention to control over there size.

Refer note

706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

Hope it helps

BR Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad,

"Suddenly from last 2 weeks our db size started increasing almost around 300 to 400 MB per day"

Before 2 weeks, how much DB size was increased per day.

Do you observing day to day DB increment?

any statistics are there for this increment?

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patan,

Thanks for the early reply

Before 2 weeks the db size increase ration is nearly around 300,400 MB per week or even less.

I'm observing the day by day increment in transaction db02.

Any further statistics you know to check the exact cause of db growth.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad Deshpande

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

1.  Is this any major data upload / New developments take place in the last two weeks time? you can check with function /ABAPer team.

2. SOFFCONT1 - table used for users attachment of Photo images & Video files is this any major files are uploaded?

I thing for this table you can have a SAP Content Server

3. TST03 - TemSe DB Spool request table normally you have to define the retention policy to clear all old spool files by using the SAP Standard background job & its require to run the Temse Consistence check weekly once during off peak time.

RSPO1041 - Delete Old Spool Requests

RSPO1043 - Spool Data Consistency Check in Background

4. REPOLOAD  -

REPOSRC 

DYNPSOURCE

Better you have to take the advice from SAP.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

"I have raised this issue to SAP so they are telling that there are no such errors on the database level only some of the tables mentioned below are having large data size

DYNPSOURCE

REPOLOAD

SOFFCONT1

REPOSRC

TST03".

Any way you raised  incident to SAP ,They certified that no problem in DB level.So you please consult with your OS administrator ,Any issue is in OS level.Some times it may cause.

Regards,

Patan Thavaheer.

shouvik
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If you suspect some table as the culprit of the increasing DB size, you can check the exact size of the table along with the entries in the following way:

Go to transaction SE38 and execute the program "RSSPACECHECK"  or "RSTABLESIZE".

It will give you the total size of the table.

Hope this helps further your analysis.

Best Regards,

Shouvik