Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI related question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new at SAP. I am keen to start with with SAP BI.  A friend of mine referred me to start studying ABAP. Can you please help me guide from where I should begin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why you do not try ?

for example you will find there two full courses:

FullNW: Programming - ABAPBC410EProgramming User Dialogs with Classical Screens (Dynpros)Detailed
FullNW: Programming - ABAPBC430EABAP Dictionary

Detailed

Other possibility could be

Kind regards

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why you do not try ?

for example you will find there two full courses:

FullNW: Programming - ABAPBC410EProgramming User Dialogs with Classical Screens (Dynpros)Detailed
FullNW: Programming - ABAPBC430EABAP Dictionary

Detailed

Other possibility could be

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks Kamil. I will go through these courses.

It will be very helpful if you can also tell me what all steps i need to take that will eventually help me in taking up SAP BI.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

I think this document will tell you everything regarding your second question :c)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

Do you want to learn SAP BI/BW or SAP ABAP?

SAP BI/BW does need knowledge of ABAP but that can be learn in parallel. you should first start with SAP BI basics. Use below link for BW basics.

SAP Library - Business Intelligence

Also, if you want to learn ABAP as an added skill then I would advise you to first learn the Concepts of SQL statements, Internal Tables, Loops, decision statements, data declarations, string operations etc. As in initial phase you may not deal with extensive level ABAP developements. you can learn more ABAP as you grow in your career. However at Initial stage, for BW developer, basic knowledge of ABAP is considered sufficient. below link may be useful for you.

Introduction to ABAP - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Libraryhttp://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_03/helpdata/en/43/41341147041806e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Swati.

0 Kudos

Hey Swati,

Thanks there for your advise. I really appreciate it.

Shantanu

0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

<<removed by moderator>>

<add> In SCN we consider it impolite and against the Rules of Engagement to ask for points or tell others to award them. </add>

Thanks,

Swati.

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee. Do not ask for point!