cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to link an incoming email to a new customer in Interaction Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a requirement:
A new email from a non-existing customer will be received by the IC Agent and the agent will be creating a new customer in the system with the details like name and email address.

Now, we would like to  have the email conversation which has been received to be linked in the interaction history/record.

Could you please suggest us , if this can be done? and any inputs on achieving this functionality is highly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are running on CRM 7.0 EHP1. I would like to know if above functionality can be achieved in SAP CRM Inbox functionality.

Requirement : When an IC agent receives an email in this inbox from a new customer (not yet customer in CRM), the agent will be creating a customer in the system by going to Account Identification and clicking new.

Now, the email which has been sent earlier by that particular customer needs to be linked with him (In the Interaction Record/History)

Will this linking be possible by configuration ?

If not can you comment if we can achieve this by any enhancement?

please share your  feedback!!

Thanks in Advance,

R

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Actually, it should work in SAP standard using Interact button in the agent inbox. If you use ERMS/Agent Inbox workfow for inbound E-Mails, you can search for the E-Mails in the agent inbox.

Then press Interact button which triggers event InteractionStarted and creates and interaction record to which the E-Mail is linked automatically. Additionally account identification if triggered. If no acount is found then the agent can create a new account in the account identification screen. By confirming it the account should also added automatically to the activity clipboard of the interaction record created earlier.

Pressing END button will save interaction records and links automatically.

If you maintain the agent inbox work center as start in the navigation bar profile after END, the agent inbox search screen is shown automatically and the IC agent can continue with the next E-Mail.

If he/she has interacted by mistake with an E-Mail, he/she can press "Clear Interaction" to cancel the interaction started.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Currently i am working on Agent Inbox Interact button functionality,As of my analysis this is standard button.

In my business process we always receiving mails to Inbox from we select one OPEN status mail and try to click on Interact button then it will search corresponding account and contact person then we navigate to create a service request based email.This is our business process.

But some time after email processed and service request created then also the interact button is in active mode.We are confusing why it is behaving like this.And if click on END button on web ui then it works properly.Finallay i need proper document for Interact button functionality in Agent inbox.If you have please share or If know this functionality please share some useful points here. 

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interacting with an E-Mail in the inbox is a starting point for a customer interaction - an interaction record is getting created in the background and from that point, the systems collect all data which is changed or created in the activity clipboard.

As long as the IC agent is in a current interaction, the interact button should be disabled until the IC agent ends the customer interaction using the END button in the upper toolbar.

You might check my blog End is your friend for an overall picture.

It is cruical that IC agents are poperly trained to understand the concept of a customer interaction and use the END button.

With regard to the agent inbox buttons - there is a great description in the SAP Library.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thank you very much for your information and One more point from my side in Agent Inbox one email i selected I was in status Completed means for this email already one service request created by me only  but when I came to Inbox and try to search and it in complete status i selected that one for this email also INTERACT button is in active mode.As per scenario emails which are already had service request. For them it will not show the INTERACT button active but it is showing.This is the reason i am not able to analyze functionality of this INTERACT button.I checked this standard coding only.

If you have any idea when it active and when it is inactive.And how END button in activity clipboard and this interact related

i will copy the screen shot for better understanding.

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP standard it is also possible to interact with completed E-Mails, if this does not fit your requirement, UI enhancements needs to be done.

END and activity clipboard are acting as usual in customer interactions within CRM Interaction Center ->

Did you read my blog?

End saves all data which have been changed during interaction and tells the system, that the current interaction has finished. For Agent Inbox, this means that on interacting with a business transaction and account will be searched and the confirmed based on the Agent Inbox partner mapping and gets added to the activity clipboard like any other data.

Please open a new thread next time for you questions.

Best Regards,
Sigrid

Answers (0)