Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material procurment with material code and overhead g/l

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hell Export,

I have one requirement regarding now we are implementing one department material procurment porcedure with material code,but if we are doing this procedure inventory gl (Project inventory New G/L) has to pick at time of GRN but user is asking to overhead gl(Project Eeceting material gl).

My MM consultant has did the configuration but at the time of Goods issue accounting entries are not picking?

As FI consultant i am saying to it is not good practice because if we are using material code it should go to inventory , from the issue time can do project gl as debit.

If we are following as MM consultant way what will be  issue we will be face in the future.

My obsevation things:

It is very difficult to track the cost if they are using same project overhead gl at the time of GRN.

In FS we can't find the remaining stock cost under balance sheet.Kindly share for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Nivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Will you please confirm, material is non valuated material or not. If it is non valuated material, it will not create any accounting document in the time of GI. It will create only in the time fo GR.

Best Regards,

Shoyeb

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul ,

Thanks for your reply.Material is non valuated.i will check with valuated material.

Regards,

Nivas.

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Thanks for your reply,Material is non valuated,i will check with valuated material.

Here MM consultant requirement is at the time of GRN instaed of inventory G/L has to pick project overhead gl.I was trying to say it is not correct but MM guy asking overhead gl.

What is the issue will be happen in the future.other than which i mentioned above.

Regards,

Nivas.

srinivas_rao69
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Frds,

How can i give the configuration for pick the project over head instead of picking inventory gl for valuated material.

Regards,

Nivas.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your material is valuated, based on goods receipt- the inventory account (BSX key) will be updated.

For material consumption report, you can refer report with t.code:KSB1.

If project stock is valuated, refer

Step by step configuration for Valuated Project stock - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Biju K