Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing a report from data in CMC

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do a daily monitoring task that is monitoring all the servers of Web Intelligence in production environment whose status is 'Success'. Source of the data is a BI system. After monitoring I have to manually calculate(using calculator) the time taken by each server to run and then I have to apply some maths in it. I just want to know that is there any functionality in Business objects so that I can develop a report from this data in CMC so that I don't have to do the calculation part manually? Because the quantity of servers is increasing every day this task is becoming very complex for me.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Arpit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

See if this works out,

Use the default audit universe given by SAP and we have options to create reports to get the success log from instance manager for all your monitoring.

As its a report you could also do the calculations which you need to do and schedule it on a daily basis

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I am not able to find this universe, can you tell it's name?

Thanks

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

link to download sample audit universe

Once you import the sample universe for your system. The events class in the universe will have the information you require

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

It is possible to export Query Builder's output in MS Excel file.

1. Go to Result Page of a Query Builder.

2. Go to File >> Save As >> Save the output in HTML format on you local machine.

3. Now locate the file and change the file extention to .xls

4. Open the file.

Another way is you can use below utility, there is an option to export the data into Excel.

InfoStore Query Builder (with export to Excel)

Hope it helps.

- Mahesh

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for replying.

I want to export the output of Instance manager report and not query builder's data.

Regards

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently there is no direct way to export Instance Manager output to MS Excel.

However could you check utility given below if it meets your requirement?

XI3 Instance Viewer

- Mahesh

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Since for this i will have to take approval from project's end to download the software, is there any alternate for this?

Thanks & Regards

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only other possibility apart from Mahesh's suggestion is to use the business objects SDKs.

You can develop a utility to get the data as in instance manager and export the content to excel using the poi(excel) api's.

Thanks,

Prithvi

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Can you elaborate on exactly where i can develop the utility?

Thanks & Regards

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BusinessObjects SDKs, you have two options

1.To develop a .jsp file a deploy it on an application server(either default tomcat or inside the Admin Tools application context)
2. To create a java program object and schedule the program object to have the output in desired format without the need to deploy it as a .jsp

To better understand how you can use the sdks, refer to the dev and api guides available at http://help.sap.com
Navigate to analytics--> buisnessObjects Platform(Enterprise) and go the the relavant product version and look for the development information section

You can refer to the below documents to understand how you would be able to get the desired results, it doesnot contain all the information you see in the instance manager(as it was not designed for that purpose), however it would be a good starting point.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57559
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57558

Any queries related to SDK's, you can post at the below forum
http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/java-sdk

Thanks,
prithvi

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

The information provided by you is very helpful but for this i again need eclipse to be installed at my system or i will have to work on command prompt, and it's been time since i have written java codes in command prompt.

Thanks & Regards

Arpit

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I am trying to take permission from my project manager to download XI3 Instance viewer but does it supports BI platform 4 sp4?

Thanks

Arpit

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you elaborate what you trying to achieve? Have you tried to utilize Monitoring application which is already available in BI 4.x?

arpit_arora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

As i have already described in my question i want to do some calculation on the report generated in instance manager and there is no option in it for exporting the report generated so i want to know that if i can do that by query builder or some other tool?

Thanks

Arpit