cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install ADS to existing Java server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Could somebody tell me is it possible to install ADS to existing Java server.

I need to move ADS from one server to another.

Or i have to reinstall server anyway?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

on older Java installation, ADS component is installed by default. You can check in the list of SW component from the J2EE home. In case it's not installed you have to add the relative Usage Type using SWPM.

You don't need a dedicate Java system for ADS if you have one already (eg on Solution Manager) but you have to do some configurations on both ABAP and Java to use it, check the relevant documentation.

Regards,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Valerio! That is exactlly what i am talking about! ("In case it's not installed you have to add the relative Usage Type using SAPinst/SWPM").

So i need to go through SWPM and add checkbox with ADS. But in SWPM there are two options for DB (in my case it Oracle) - drop DB or create one more instance.

So its not possible to install it on the same DB instance?

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

if you check the official SAP documentation in the section /instguides you will quickly find the answer to your question. Please check this thread as "answered" afterwards.

Valerio

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to have the ADS components deployed on the Java stack to get the ADS functionality. If the ADS components are not deployed then you need to deploy them with the help of JSPM or SUM tool. On newer version of SAP Java systems ADS is part of it.

Configuration of ADS is like easy and there are quite a few articles online for that.

Regards

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, configure on an existing java system or install a new java only system - your choice.

894009 - Adobe Document Services: Configuration

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thenk you for answere!

Could you plarse give more details how to install it on existing server?

Should i do it with SWPM and somewhere there i can chose to add new option? Or how can i do it?

Or may be you have like at some guide?

Thanx in advance!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ADS service is delivered with java stack.

The above links are self explanatory.

Just do google writing "ads scn sunny pahuja", you will get a configuration document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i don't need configuration document, i know how to configure it

I dont know how to install ADS on existin Java system...

I know it delivered with java by default and you just need to chose a checkbox when you installing DB.

But what to do if server already installed and you need to add ADS to this server?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

What is your JAVA stack release ?

Read few treads - esp. the 'install part' - that would clear your concerns

Regards,

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

What is your AS JAVA version (asked before) ?

There is note which says to install additional usage type on existing SAP system using SUM.

1793486 - Installing Add. Usage Types on Existing SAP System-Using SUM

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java version is 7.4 SR 1

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Read the SUM guide https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000382792013E

page 92.

Regards