Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

production order internal number range-alphanumeric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a PP functional person & need some input related production order internal number range alphanumeric.

Ex oredr number abcd0001 to abcd9999

I was got this below process from SCN & suggested to my Technical team.But team is unable to implementing this.

(You can generate alphanumeric serial number with the following BADI / Customer Exit:

Name of Enhancement : IQSM0001

Name of Function Module Exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

Name of Include : ZXQSMU01

ZXQSMU01:

This user exit can be used to create the serial numbers automatically for material of a production order. Number of serial numbers generated will be equal to the total number of quantity. The purpose behind development of this user exit was to attach prefix in each serial number generated.

so as per your requirement you can generate serial number like ABC0001 etc.

Process Steps:

For exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

1. Get serial number profile for a material in respective plant.

2. Check if the profile is u2018XYZu2019.

3. If profile is u2018XYZu2019 generate the serial numbers for the given quantity of material in production order.

General Program Structure

For exit: EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001

1. Get the serial number profile using function module 'MARC_SINGLE_READ' for a material.

2. Check if the profile is u2018XYZu2019.

3. If the serial number profile is u2018XYZu2019 then generate the serial numbers for the given production order quantity of a material.

4. Concatenate ABC as a prefix to the all generated serial numbers

Provide above details reg. implementation BADI / Enhancement to your ABAPer and go ahead.)

{removed by moderator}

Regards

Alok

Message was edited by: Marilyn Pratt

5 REPLIES 5

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your Abaper to look for documentation on number ranges (and FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT) and concatenate statement in SAP online help

Regards,

Raymond

PS: Also replace u2018 and u2019 by their unicode values (left/right single single quotes)

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your reply,

Pls provide some more details for helpful to technical person.

Regards

Alok

vinoth_aruldass
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

ask your abaper to put the breakpoint and create pp order then you will get the break and evaluate all the values at run time , This will take you to process further.

Regards,

Vinoth

0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I need some more input related my query(Technical process how to implement).

Thx

Alok

AnoopMayamkote
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT in the exit You mentioned .

After the no generation ask ur abaper to concatenate the no with alphabets

For Example : ur order No is 0001 after the FM execution and that order no will be in some variable(S_ORD)

then use concatenate keyword to concatenate alphabets in your order NO

CONCATENATE 'abc' S_ORD into S_ORD1.