cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of things can be done in BEx Web Application Designer??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am not much familiar with Web Application Template so would like to have an opinion on below points,

1/ We have a Web Template created on two BEx queries. Here we are displaying the variable input values for Customer on top left corner of the output screen. We could see values in output screen only when we give some input values on variable screen for Customer. Is it possible to display all values of Customer which will be available in output without selecting them on variable screen??

2/  We want the report to print so is it possible to display the output on separate pages?? For eg. we have Customer and Contract Number object available in Free Char only so whenever there is new combination of Customer and Contract Number Web Template should display output on separate page.

3/ We have one Tab containing two queries and these queries are displayed one after another. Is it possible to maintain two line space between these two query outputs in Web Template?

Thanks,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have got a solution for 3rd point just need to add stmt as <br /> in HTML code after TAB_1_QUERY_1

Thanks,

ND

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just wondering about your 1st requirement. Can you tell us why do you need to show all the customers in variable screen entries which are bound to appear in the output. As you know it just shows the input values only but not all.

2nd requirement is customized one. Export to PDF button will itself adjust the data in subsequent pages as per the data/page fitness but not the way you expect by based on drilldown combinations. If you have to get it like that, you have to achieve through some scripts. I am not sure about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

Idea behind 1st requirement is to get/display the list of all customers at one place which will be displayed in report output.

RE. 2nd requirement do you have any idea how to write script which you mentioned??

Thanks,

Nilesh

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Idea behind 1st requirement is to get/display the list of all customers at one place which will be displayed in report output.

Then, you should use Dropdown web item by selecting customer in it and set as Posted values for navigation. This is just a workaround.

Sorry, I have no idea of scripting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

Thanks for your input.

We can see the same when we will put filter on Customer object on output screen.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea to fulfill above requirement.

Thanks,

ND

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first requirement you can add an analysis item, create a copy of your query and remove from rows and columns all key figures and other characteristics (except customer) from the query. Only keep the restrictions. Then you can use this new query as the dataprovider for the new analysis item.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yasemin,

I have incorporated the same thing as mentioned and Users should be ok with that. Thanks.

Regarding 2nd requirement, is there any way to maintain some settings while broadcasting the output so that output should have one combination of ‘customer’ and contract number’ on each page and then send it to an email address?

Warm Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Did any one ever come across my 3rd requirement?

Requirement - is there any way to maintain some settings while broadcasting so that output should have one combination of ‘customer’ and contract number’ on each page of PDF and then send it to an email address?

Or can we do something in Web Template itself so that will get one combination of ‘customer’ and contract number’ on each page of report output?

Thanks,

ND