Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leave request customer field as checkbox in ui5 leave request page

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are trying to put an additional field (customer field) in leave request page.

we added this via customization.

and we want this to be appeared as checkbox, in the leave request page. for this for WDA page, there is option to change at WD fpm configuration, so it is appearing properly.

but same thing, when we access via ui5 application, via hr renewal page, it is showing as input field.

is there any way to make the customer field appear as a checkbox in HR renewal ui5 leave application page.

thanks,

Madhu_1980

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

I had the same requirement and after trying many different solutions the best, in my opinion, is to repair structure PTREQ_CUSTOMER_STRUC, changing the data element on one of the fields to a data element that has BOOLEAN as it's domain. This will now automatically show as a checkbox in the ui5 leave request application, without modifying that application, and the value will flow through to table PTREQ_ATTABSDATA.

PTREQ_CUSTOMER_STRUC is classified as can not be enhanced so can not have an append structure.

The update function that inserts/updates table PTREQ_ATTABSDATA has field names hardcoded, so if you add a new field to PTREQ_CUSTOMER_STRUC, the value does not go through to the table without further modification.

Changing the data element on one of the existing CUSTOMERnn fields is the path of least modification.

You will also need to run method CLEAN_UP_ALL_CACHE in class /IWBEP/CL_MGW_MED_UTILS to clear the metadata cache after making your change. The usual cache cleaning tools for oData model do not work in this case.

Cheers,

Willie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Willie! This solution is really helpful, but in case we add an additional date field to the leave request it gives a calendar option on the web dynpro but on the UI screen it does not give the calendar option to input date. I am not sure if this is a bug or if I have missed anything. Do we need to make any changes to the oData as well if we add these additional fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP released note 0002181333 to fix  this issue.

0002181333 Leave Request UI5: Multiple issues in leave request UI5 appl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu/Siddharth,

We have same kind of scenario, we were able to add new date type fields on the leave request webdypro but it shows as an input field on the UI application.

Please let us know if we have any solution for this issue.

Thanks much in advance!

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Yes, I am able to access this link. Do we need to extend the leave request UI application, it will not pick the customization just like the webdynpro?

Thanks!

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is maybe a limitation Also not sure how did you enable this filed as a checkbox where did you define it ? It's need to be customized first

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the details for one of the additional fields

1. We have enabled Customer Field - 'CUSTOMER01' using PTRAQ ->Fields customizing.

2. We have then enhanced the feeder class CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF method  GET_DEFINITION - in post-exit we have assigned search help  HTNM_PERNR to field 'CUSTOMER01'

3. So when we launch the web-dynpro it gives search help for the field 'CUSTOMER01'

I guess since the custom logic is on the feeder class which gets called only from the webdynpro it works on webdynpro and not on the UI, but can we implement the same kind of logic for the UI application as well, do we have any class similar to this feeder which sets the UI field properties.

Thanks much!

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

maybe needs to be done in XML config? check in BSP page for Leave request in SE80