cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for delta SPL selection in C1 scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I´m trying to understand the logic behind the reports for C scenarios (e.g. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_C1_LO). Scenario C should only check updated SPL entries, however I have the feeling that in our system it always checks the addresses agains all SPL entries. This could be due to the reason that we only get complete XML files from our provider (Bundesanzeiger Verlag) and no special delta XML´s, but I would like to verify this.

Can someone point me to the code location, where I can see the selection of the SPL data and the limitation for C1 scenario, that only updated SPL are used?

I already found FM "/SAPSLL/SPL_INDEX_PROVIDE" where in our case form "full_index_get" is executed. It considers (as the naming says) all entries from table "/SAPSLL/TSPL" and not only the delta SPL. I thought, some date from table "/SAPSLL/TSPL" would have been responsible for identifying the delta, but could nowhere in the coding find the place where it´s considered.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks, Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Some of the customers I work(ed) for use Bundesanzeiger too for the SPL data.

True that Bundesanzeiger provides only 1 file with all the data inside: old and new SPL.

I remember once I have looked how the system segregates between old and new data in the SPL file but I don't remember what I did found.

What I can say for sure is that on a given date, only the new data of the SPL file is loaded into the system.

Whenever new data is loaded into the system, table /SAPSLL/TSPL is updated. The new entries in that table will be be created with field Created on (CRTSP) = date of the upload.

When running a C scenario SPL check, you need to go to the 2nd tab of the transaction and populate the date of the SPL update which must match the date at which you uploaded the SPL file.

Of course, you can aswell specify a range of dates on that 2nd tab in case you uploaded several files across several dates without running the SPL checks.

So as a starting point, I would recommend for you to check table /SAPSLL/TSPL and check that new entries are added with field CRTSP being populated with the date of the update.

And 2nd thing to check is if you are specifying a date of SPL update in the 2nd tab of the C scenario SPL checks.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mouaz BEN REDJEB wrote:

When running a C scenario SPL check, you need to go to the 2nd tab of the transaction and populate the date of the SPL update which must match the date at which you uploaded the SPL file.

Hm, OK, I think that was my main misunderstanding. I thought the report is tough enough to identify by default the "delta SPL", as the scenario is already called like this. But I see now, that it is a MUST to specify on the 2nd tab the date of SPL update on our own. Otherwise, without entering a date, the report behaves like the B1 scenario ...

Now I could see where the date is considered, for all others looking for this, it´s in Include "/SAPSLL/LSPL_INDEXF02" in Form "tspl_db_access".

Thanks for the hint, now the scenarios are clear to me.

Answers (0)