cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completing sales orders where no invoice required

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation where we create Repair Sales Order via the action button in the notification. and whether these orders get billed or not is not decided until later.

If the order is not to be invoiced how do I get the order status to Complete.

I have in the past used the reason for rejection. However the order is not rejected it has been repaired and shipped and  it is just that it is not being invoiced.

Is there any way to change the status to reflect the facts I.E. the part is shipped and will not be invoiced so is now complete.

These orders sit in the open orders listing and I would like to try and keep this clean for reporting.

Thanks

Robbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is you can have a suitable Reason for Rejection as "Status Completed" and assign the same to those orders.  On the other hand, if it is delivery related billing, then in Billing Due List, those deliveries would also appear for which, you need to change the status by executing VL_Complete.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

It looks like I will be creating a new rejction code and teaching some people how to run VL_COMPLETE.

TW Typewriter: finance can only create an invoice when the billing block is removed, even if the delivery appears in VF04, we only remove the billing block when it is a chargeable job.

Again Thanks for all the input.

Robbie

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Lakshmipathi has suggested you the best possible way. For order related only rejection reason is workable and for delivery related VL_COMPLETE. In standard these are best possible solutions. Don't go for any customization.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robbie,

This is an interesting business process.

At what point of time, does company know if billing is to be done or not?

TW

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robbie,

You may refer the document here -

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta