cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metadata Management Custom Reports

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where there is documentation on configuration or usage of the Metadata reports available in Information Steward?

I am prompted for login credentials to the repository but nothing that I try works.  To make things worse, it seems to cause Tomcat to shut down.

In the versions of Metadata Management used with Business Objects XI3.1, you had to go to the reports to configure the JDBC connections for the reports.  I can't find any documentation on where the reports are stored much less on how to configure the connection to the Metadata Management repository database.

I am running Information Steward 4.2sp2 hosted on Information Platform Services 4.1sp3.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Apologies for resurrecting this discussion from over a year ago, but I am very curious to know if you were able to overcome this issue? We are experiencing the same problem even after applying SP05.

Regards,

Don

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, this is an old post.  I had forgotten about it.  No, I haven't found a resolution.  Due to other things going on here, Information Steward has been on the back burner.

We probably won't use the custom reports any way.  I prefer to build a universe over the database and use Web Intelligence or Crystal Reports to create the reports.  It makes it easier to deliver to any end users in my opinion.

I don't know if I will get back to this or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. We will most likely go the route of a universe for reporting as well. My main concern is the fact that these reports crash Tomcat every time they are executed. Not a nice feature to have in a prod environment.

I currently have a ticket open with SAP Support to resolve the issue. I applied SP05 to DS and IS and have the same results. Once a resolution is found I'll be sure to post back.