cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Record Working Time - Clock Times Missing and Error Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are moving from ITS to Web Dynpro ABAP for Time Management - Record Working Time.  We set the configuration and profile to have clock times entered.  We have encountered an issue in the new web dynpro abap screen.

For a certain attendance type we need the employees to enter clock times and save.  We tested and found that if total time was entered without clock times that the error message we had previously in ITS is not appearing in the Web Dynpro ABAP screen.  The error should say, "The time sheet contains errors.  You cannot save."

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you,

Wendy Miller

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

so it works in R/3? You can implement a simple check using CATS0002 exit too. Can you share the exact error message you get in R/3 if any for the same attributes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Siddharth,

Thanks for reviewing our issue and replying.  Yes, the error message shows in the ITS screen okay but is not showing for the Web Dynpro ABAP.  The error seen in ITS is "The time sheet contains errors.  You cannot save.  Date:  Please provide clock times."  In R/3 it just says "Please provide clock times."

Is something like this available with the Web Dynpro ABAP? 

Thanks,

Wendy

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well I did not get error myself n in cat2, Can you get me the error number from the long text? i entered full day hours without clock times and cac1 had a check for clock times. Probably you are using enhancement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Siddharth,  we were using an enhancement.  They reimplemented the code and it is working.

Thank you!
Wendy

Answers (0)