cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Zero Values

0 Kudos

My numeric Formula Field will not "Show Zero Values" in a subreport. It works fine in the main report...but is blank in a subreport. Is this a known issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Tom,

this could be NULL values coming into your subreport. nulls cause a formula to stop when there is no check for them.

there's a couple of ways to deal with nulls:

1) quick way is to go to the File menu > Report options and check on the boxes dealing with converting nulls to default values. just so that you're aware, this converts all nulls in the report to default values. a number default would be 0 for a null and for a text the value is ''.

2) use an isnull check in the problem formula(s)

e.g.

if isnull({field}) then 0

else {field} * {field2}

0 Kudos

After trying both of your suggestions, the problem remains. Here is the formula field...

if count({AZInvoiceDetail.azid_QtyInvoiced})<=0 then

else count({AZInvoiceDetail.azid_QtyInvoiced})

As you can see, the field returns a Count() so there should be no null values. I've gone so far as converting the count to text in an attempt to get the zeros to populate.

Any other ideas?

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Go in to the formula, on top of formula editor you will see one drop down with 'Exceptions for NULLS' make that as 'Default Values For Nulls' then check

Sastry

0 Kudos

I'm not sure how a count() can return a null value but...nicely done! That did it!

Thank you very much!

Answers (0)