cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Function Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have seen that this question being posted earlier but it is still unanswered.

This is regarding transaction VOPAN.

We assign the Parnter FUnctions to Partner Determination Procedure.

Then we assign Partner Detrmination Procedure to Account Group.

Partner Functions--------------->>Partner Determination Procedure------------------>>Account Group

So why do we need to assign the Partner Functions to Account Group again ?

Thanks in advance

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hia All,

I even checked in debug mode and could find out these.

The table TPAKD is checked with the partner function (say SH ) and customer account group of the customer which we want as a partner function . If the match is not found then that customer will not be allowed as a SH(Ship to Party ) anywhere , even as its own partner too.

Anypne having queries could use this post as a reference. Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

'If the match is not found then that customer will not be allowed as a SH(Ship to Party ) anywhere , even as its own partner too'

can I take this statement as the justification of my understanding and explanation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely Cong, Cheers!!

I would like to reward you with points. But I cant see an option to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's fine, and plz take your time, the key point is that I can help as long as I am able to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I appreciate everyones support for the issue that had been killing me.

What I finally conclude is this :

We assign Partner Functions to Account Groups to see which partner functions need to be mandatory and which can be added in Patner Function Group.

The other assignment is because we might want to add other customer (say Y)  as Partner Function for our customer say X . For that customer Y to be a Bill to Party ( say ) , this Partner Function ( BP ) needs to be assigned to the customer account group in which Y has been created.

I hope this is it. Please corect me if I am wrong.

Thanks to All.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jack,

This is a link which will trigger one by one at the time of creation .

1.partner function we are creating and here we are defining the partner type .

2. Account groups -function assignment.--- here we are assigning because at the time of creation it will assign number to partners .

3.partner determination procedure ---here we are creating partner determination procedure--AG and it is assigning to SP,SH,BP,PY ,

4.partner determinati0n procedure--here we are creating new because this will play vital role . for example , I am having two customer groups one is domestic (DO01) and one is export (EO01) , here I have to assign SP,SH,BP,PY for both groups .so instead of assigning all we will assign AG to account group .so this will help to make separate sold to party for both .

note- this helps to put the SP ,SH ,BP,PY as a unique or mandatory that's why second time we are assigning to account group . this option is not there in first assigning .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In, Partner Functions in Procedure, we are just making a particular partner function is mandatory and check whether it is modifiable.

It is not an assignment here.

Account Group is responsible for the list of Partner Functions. But the Partner Function Procedure only controls it.

So it is mandatory to complete these steps.

Regards,

Raja Durai

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jack,

the below steps will clear regarding your doubts.

Here we have to create our Sold to party and assign to partner type KU

here assignment we are assigning SP,SH,PY---to EG01 (account group)

this is to define SP,SH,PY to your customer master

now you have define partner determination procedure with new entry ZAG , then we click on this line and select partner functions in procedure which will have further options

these options will set to create SP, SH,PY as a mandatory fields for customer master .

finally these partner procedure will assign to account group to activate the options against customer master creation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Reddy,

I really appreciate your help with so many screenshots.

Still I am not justified.

I will just ask at a very simple level.

When we assign four(or any) Partner Functions to the Account Group,

then on creating a customer for that group , those four partner functions(or any) will be shown in Sales Area Partner Function Tab. Correct ?

Then I dnt think the necessity of assigning the procedure to account group comes.

I have been lingering over this doubt for quite a while .

Rgds

Amit

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't assign partner function to your partner determination procedure then system won't determine that partner function in customer master data. Lets say you have not assigned SP to your partner determination procedure AG and you have assigned AG to 0001 account group. Now when you create customer in XD01 system won't show you SP in sales area partner function tab.

On the other side if you don't assign partner function to your account group then system won't assign the internal number to it. If you go to sales area data partner functions tab you will see that internal number is not assigned and you will get error Message no. F2643.

This is what I have to share. Maybe someone can explain this better than me.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

The first part of your answer is crystal clear. Appreciate a lot on that.

System will show only those partner functions in the tab which are assigned to the procedure and hence the account group.

Whom does the system not assign an internal number ? The number for the customer would be derived from the number range assigned to Account Group. So why the issue for number ?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

This question can be best answered by doing tests (by self).

In VOPAN, you give

partner function assigned to account group

SP -- Z001 (account group)

BP - Z001

PY - Z001

In XD01, you create a customer for account group Z001, say the number generated is 55

So, when you go to XD01, Sales area data, Tab partner functions, you will see -

SP 55

BP 55

PY 55

This customer no. will be defaulted for all the partner functions you have assigned to the account group in VOPAN.

As you have not assigned SH to Z001

You will not see entry - SH 55

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW,

Thats where my doubt starts.

If all partners can be assigned this way , what use of assigning a Partner Determination Procedure to Account Group again ?

Rgs

Jack

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I didn't mean customer number. I meant when we create customer master system assigns internal number for SP SH PY and BP. If you go to partner function tab before saving order you would see internal in customer number field. When you save it then system assigns number which you can see in XD02 in same field.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Amit,

I am guessing you are confused for the Account Group and Partner Function have same names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is because system needs to know what account groups are valid for each partner function

for example, for account group 0001, it is assigned with procedure A where there are three partner functions X, Y and Z - on that basis, when you maintain a customer master with account group 0001, you are allowed to define X, Y or Z in its partner tab, however, in specifying what exactly the partner is for each one of them (X, Y, Z), system should know what are the valid candidates, and here is the reason why you need to, for example, assign account group 1000, 2000, and 3000 to X (or Y or Z), so that any customer master record with these account group can be specified as the 'real' partner for the partner function (X, Y, or Z)

BTW, the mapping relationship between partner function and account group is n:m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cong,

Thank you for replying to the query.

From what I meant I assume the Partner Functions X , Y and Z need to be assigned to account group 0001. I didnt get why you brought the concept of groups 1000 , 2000 and 3000.

Or in other terms did you mean that the reason for this assignmentr is that the customers of account group 1000 , 2000 and 3000 can be assigned as partners of customer created in account group 0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes, the second part hits what I mean. and you can have a try on that.

as you may know, when you create a customer master data, in partners tab of sales area view, partner for a partner function could not only restrict to the same customer you are creating, instead, it can be other customer as long as this customer is with account group which is assigned to that partner function (that is the menu for you are having doubt with)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the exact need for it, I mean to assign other customers as partners (say from other account groups ) I am satisfied with the answer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, so could you please get back after your verification and share the conclusion to us all, thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

This is a "testing related" question. When test various scenarios, you will yourself get full clarity.

TW