Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO & LiveCache Move

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello World,

another step in the never ending drama of SAP Upgrades.

After the battle for the EHP7 upgrade of your ERP servers was, finally, won, its now time to mess around with our APO/LiveCache servers.

Resource and time constraints forced us to take some unorthodox measures here.

The source servers are based on SLES9/MaxDB 7.7.

To prepare for the upgrade I installed SLES11 + MaxDB7.9 on brand new servers, then restored the MAxDB databases for APO & LC and the SAP kernels to the new servers, for a first test run of the upgrade.

APO came up just fine, so did LC.

XUser setup, DB59, RFC connections, all seems "hanky dory", except in LC10 the system complains about "LiveCache lock server unreachable/not installed".

The strange thing is that LC10 shows LiveCache being up & running, and all connection lights are green and the x_server is likewise running.

At first I thought it was a misconfigured DB user, but I tested all connections in DB59 and they all work OK.

This is my first move of an LC system, so I surely missed something here, but what could it be?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Just one last update on this one, to let others know how this got resolved.

The LC component inside SAP is not downwards MaxDB compatible, meaning, never MaxDB versions won't work with older LC versions.

More so, the LC component requires a *specific* MAxDB version, which must match requirements down the minor release version.

So you need the *exact* right match for the install of the MaxDB LC Kernel, or LC10 just keeps crash dumping the day away.

Luckily enough its possible to install two different MaxDB kernels on the system, just had to completely remove the old (new) LC DB kernel first, because downgrading it wasn't an option.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is this issue fixed ?

RB

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope, had to open up a ticket with SAP.

Since this is "just" the Upgrade Test System, I'll recon it'll take them 3-4 days for more than just an initial response.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is possibly due to the Lock server based on LiveCache setup on the source system.

Check this SAP note

816730 - Lock server based on SAP liveCache technology

Also are you able to do a connection test for LCA, LDA and LEA from Tx DB59 ?

1950649 - LiveCache lock handler not available

Regards

RB

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

I made a bit of progress here (even so nobody from SAP has even looked at my ticket yet).

Whenever trying to start LCA, it throws an exception of "CX_SY_NATIVE_SQL_ERROR":

Procedure LCA_LCK_LIST_OWNERS -> Synchronization of the Lock Owner of the liveCache Lock Server

I had restored the entire LC DB from source from scratch again (just in case something went wrong last time), (re)set the CONTROL, SUPERDBA and <SID>ADM passwords manually, did a systab load (Source: MaxDB v7.7; Target MaxDB v7.9) and brought the whole thing db_online w/o errors.

I double checked that I could logon with all the relevant MaxDB users with the specified password(s) on CmdLine, and sync'ed the integration data for all connections correspondingly in LC10.

Still, its all to no avail, so I start to question if LC is compatible with MaxDB 7.9???

PS: Thetests in DB59 work just fine for all connections - honestly I'd be happier if they wouldn't, cause it would help me narrow down the root cause of this mess.

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Nailed it down to problems with the "LiveCache Lock Server", "LEA".

But still befuddled why that one croaks out on me, as it comes through fine when checking Integration Data in DB59.

Thinking about opening up a ticket with SAP about it ... that'll take time to wait...