cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCES Upgrade from 6.04 to 6.35 - Suggestions for tool to merge java customized code

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to upgrade from UCES 6.04 to UCES 6.35. As the customized Java code will be lost after upgrade, I will need to merge the customized code with UCES 6.35 code.

Do you know any good tool which will be useful to merge customized java code with UCES 6.35 code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Take a conflict report from NWDI This conflict report will give you the list of all the updated files and then merge via NWDS. It's the best way to do it.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

it will not be lost if you patch the system correctly, but after patching you will have to use the conflict manager to process every single conflict manually - painful.

I assume you did directly modify the SAP standard files instead of seperating any code changes by maintaining it within a custom SC like "myCustomer.co.uk-UCES" instead of "sap.com-UCES". This custom SC includes a DC for war (JSP code), java (obviously all java coding) and a EAR file (to create your custom application.

I normally would setup a project and directly create custom SCs. Almost in the same way of how UCES does extend BD, i would apply the same logic and extend UCES with my own SC. I highly recommend to do that approach.

The best would be to compare your current version using the vanilla SAP code of 6.04. Every difference you find you should isolate. Move them into your own SC. Once you have seperated your code, you can always patch the SAP standard and your custom coding gets merged into the vanilla SAP. In the end you get your own custom EAR version right next to the vanilla EAR version.

Hope that helps a bit