Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management. Commitment item getting reverse when posting an IR

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus, this is our scenario:

1) We create a PR based on GL Account and Cost Center. When we save the PR, FM shows the amount revserved for this PR.

2) We create a PO based on the above and again, FM is working fine, showing now the amount that was reserved for the PR, now reserved for the PO.

3) We do the GR and everything is correct just as the two steps above.

4) We do the IR ((using MIRO), and now the commitment item does not show anything at all. In fact the amount is reversed and it looks like there was no budget consumption.

If we do a MR8M to reverse the invoice, then we can see again the amount in the commitment item reserved for the PO.

We only have this issue with IR (MIRO) when we post an invoice using FB60, the system is working correctly.

Any help will be rewarded.

Thanks!.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand clearly your problem. So, in time of GR the commitment is reduced and budget consumption is transformed to 'actual'. You are saying that in time of MIRO, you do't have FM document, is this it? In this case, check your FM update profile settings via OFUP in order to see if on the time of IR there should be FM document or not.

FB60 is not classical IR, but a stand-alone FI document, which triggers different FM functions.

Regards,

Eli

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I've checked the update profile in OFUP and GR/IR Update is at MM Invoice Receipt.

What else should I check?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, GR should not have any impact at the commitment of PO. Please, specify why do you think that MIRO does not update FM correctly (screenshots?)

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli, below are the required screenshots.

In the first screenshot, you can see the documents created when we made the PR and PO. There is no document creation in FM at the moment of GR:

Then, when we do the IR, this is what FM shows:

The document created when we did the PO is cancelled, but no document is shown for the IR:

So, from a FM point of view, we haven't consumed the budget at all, allowing the users to create another PO (or any posting in fact) for the same fund center/commitment item.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Mauro.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, do the following:

a) Check if FM document exists for this IR, by going to FB03, displaying the document and then checking Menu - Environment - Document Environment - Accounting documents

b) If it exists check its assignment (commitment item, fund centre, etc.).

If the assignment is correct, try executing FMAVCREINIT transaction and see if it rectifies the situation. If not, please, revert back.

Also, check FMIFIIT table for this IR (if FM document exists) if there is anything unusual there (you can post a screenshot).

Additionally, what FM update profile do you use? Did you change behaviour for '54' value type via OF39 transaction by any chance? Do you use commitment and payment budgets or only payment budget?

Regards,

Eli

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli. Please find my answers below:

- There are no subsequents documents for the Financial Document related to the IR.

- FM update profile we are using is 000101.

- We haven't changed the behaviour for '54' in OF39. In fact, we have no entries for VT 54 in OF39.

- We have Commitment and Payment budgets. Unfortunately RFFMS200 program is not working (probably because the IR documents are not getting transferred to FM as actuals).

Regards, Mauro.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm... To start with, 000101 profile should work only with Payment budget. Secondly, check in BSEG table for this IR document, what are FM assignments. Do they correspond to what you have in PO?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further to what I mentioned before, check FMN0 transaction for the PO in question. Does it provide any output? The behaviour you describe is very weird. Is it a test or living system?

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli.

If not 101, what update profile would you recommend?

I've checked BSEG for FI document related to IR, but the posting I see, is Vendor against GR/IR account.

The Fi document that shows the GR/IR against expenses account is created at the time of the GR.

In both cases the Commitment item is assinged correctly:

GR Posting:

Expense Account

GR/IR Account

IR Posting:

Vendor Account

GR/IR Account

TAX Account

FMN0 for the PO shows that both FI documents related to the GR and IR are correct or not relevant for update.

This is a test system.

As additional info, this only happens with PO for non-stock materials, for services PO and for stock materials PO the system is working correctly.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you charge expense account at GR stage, then you have to change the settings in OFUP to GR update (or GR and IR) instead of IR.

mauro_blanc3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!.

Problem is solved now!.

One question, with this configuration in OFUP, will still be able to run payment program RFFMS200 correctly?

Mauro.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you keep IR in the loop, it should not pose any problem. Of course, you can always test

Answers (0)