cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ordering address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have a vendor with 2 ordering address (OA) partner function. Is there a way to automatically populate the Ordeing Address field when creating a purchase order either via ME21N or ME59 (auto PO)?

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to specify how you want to automatically assign the OA partner.

It is possible to define plant specific partner functions.  The function is hidden away under the Extras menu. Choose Add. Purchasing Data and then you can activate data retention at plant level.

Once you have done that you can maintain plant specific partner functions which should override the partners defined at purchasing org level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn

Your feedback was very helpful.  I used plant-specific partner function via the outline agreement header --> partner --> entered my plant --> enter partner fnction "OA" --> vendor number --> and then set the "Default Partner" indicator and it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain more, what will be the logic to pick one ordering address among them 2.

How can system know which will be appropriate for your purchase order ?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the "default partner" indicator for the OA in the vendor master as shown below:

If the default indicator is maintained, the same will be copied as the partner while you create PO in ME59 or auto PO's. If you are creating the PO manually in ME21N, system will issue a pop up showing multiple partners in which you can select the required partner.

Test the scenario again with a new PO.

Regards,

AKPT

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just saw your other post regarding this.  If you want a specific ordering address for a specific material you can use the vendor sub-range (VSR).

Define the sub range with the alternative ordering address and then it can be assigned in the purchasing info record.