cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove stock from Inventory after UD reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had performed GR from Purchase Order of 90kg. (Material Document with movement 101 with 90kg  and Inspection Lot generated)

Later performed Adjust Quantity in Insp. Lot at QAC1 to 100kg. (Material Document with movement 101 with 10kg generated and quantity added to Insp Lot)

UD is performed with 100kg

I would like to cancel 100kg from inventory due to some reason(wrong quantity entry n etc.)

Thus, I performed UD reversal with OSS note program.

I performed cancellation of material document at MIGO.

The issue start here.

The material document cancelled but only consists of 90kg

I'm not able to cancel material document of 10kg.

Hit an error as following

Change the inspection stock of material in QM only

Fyi, previously use return delivery (movement 122). Now management does not allow due to it is not a return.

May I know how can I remove 10kg from inventory?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

William Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue been raised to SAP. I will keep it posted once there is a solution.

Thanks.

Rgds,

William L.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) You may have no choice put to post the 10KG from QI to blocked stock or unrestricted and then write the material off from there.

2) There is an OSS note available for reversing UD's.  You might try that and then try the QAC1 adjustment.  That would leave a lot qty of zero.  I'm not sure the system will like that.

3) You might try reversing the reversal of the original 90 kg and put it back to the inspection lot which will give you 100Kgs again.  Then do QAC1 again and adjust back to 90.  Then do the reversal again which hopefully will make the lot go to 0 and status LTCA.

Craig

prakashc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello William,

Usually if you change the qty after GR, best way to do another GR for remaining qty without using QAC1 to avoid this issue. In your case, as you performed GR first for 90 kGs and you used QAC1 directly yo increase 10kg, instead if you could have done one more GR for remianing 10kg, system would have triggered another inspection lot where it allows you to cancel both the material documents. But I agree QAC1 is meant for changing the qty but only for lot not for GR though.

Does it makes sense ?

Now to resolve your issue, execute QAC1 again and remove the 10kg qty from actual qty(keep it blank) and save the transaction. It may pop up some warning and you can just force it. In this way, the remaining 10kg will wipe off from the QI and you can lock the lot not to use it anymore.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prakash

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This cannot be done once the UD is executed !

Now to resolve your issue, execute QAC1 again and remove the 10kg qty from actual qty(keep it blank) and save the transaction. It may pop up some warning and you can just force it.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all 10kg is additional qty which you have added in existing inspection lot of 90 kg.

First cancel the Material document of 10kg. and then take the reversal of whole lot. or Via OSS note system will only remove 90 kg and remaining you need to take out by using 0800 for 10kg.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Even i tried to cancel the Material Document of 10kg first and the same error prompted.

" Change the inspection stock of material in QM only "

If you're referring to OSS note "48815 - Checking possible inconsistencies between MM and QM".

Well,it does not work.

Thank for your reply.

Regards,

William Lee

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello William,

You can use transaction MIGO and do a cancelation of the goods receipt purchsae order or you can use transaction MBST for canceling the material document.

Regards

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

All this while, I been using MIGO and MBST to do material document cancellation.

No issue in cancelling material document of 90kg.

However, material document of 10kg prompted the mentioned error.

" Change the inspection stock of material in QM only "

Thanks for reply.

Regards,

William Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See system will allow you to take the decision back fro 90 KG. Then just activate 0800 inspection type for remaining 10 kg in MM- QM view and via QA01 create inspection lot by using this inspection type and take it back from QI stock to UNRES. as i suggested you in my earlier thread.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

After performed UD reversal and cancelled material document of 90kg, I created Insp Lot with Insp Type 0800 of 10kg (QA01) using the same batch and storage location. However, the Insp Lot 0800 created is a non-stock relevant. Thus, there is no stock posting for the Insp Lot 0800.

Please advise if I miss any of the step.

Thanks.

Regards,

William Lee

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William, I'm just putting a though here!

1. Initially the lot quantity was 90 Kg with inspection lot X and material document Y1 (of 101 movement)
  2. Later in QAC1 you changed actual lot quantity to 100 Kg.
  3. It posted material document Y2 for 10 Kg with 101 movement.
  4. The cumulative effect against inspection lot X is 100 Kg.
  5. You completed stock posting and moved the entire stock of 100 Kg to UI
  6. As you wanted to cancel the entire GR for 100 Kg, you reversed the 100 Kg from UI to QI using SAP note

Now from here the next steps should be,

1. Again go to QAC1. In actual lot quantity put 90 Kg
  2. It will execute 102 movement in background for 10 Kg
  3. Thus the original effect will be reproduced. (Inspection lot X with material document Y1 with 90 Kg)
  4. Now try to cancel Y1 in MIGO as per the normal material document cancellation process.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You tried 08 as well for 10 kg. Use QA08 and enter 08 inspection type and tick on "Activate despite inspection stock" indicator system will generate the lot and then post it to UNRES.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

QA08 does not work. When execute QA08, message  "No entries found".

I found that to trigger inspection lot 0800, the material should not have any inspection type activate.

However, for my case, the material has been activated with several inspection type such as 01 and 89.

Hi Anand,

After UD reversal, system does not allow to access QAC1 because Inspection Lot have "UD-usage decision has been made" status.

Thanks to both for your reply.

All in all, all the methods mentioned above does not solve the issue I faced. Any other suggestion is most welcome.

Regards,

William Lee

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You got the message 'No entries found' because system didn't find any entry where this activation can be triggered. That means, you already have this inspection type activated.

No. You don't have to remove all inspection types in order to activate 08. Where did you find this?

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally, I think there is something missing here. I tested this scenario repeating what you have done, I was able to bring the quantity back into QI. Pl see snapshot

Can you share fewer further details or if something wrong with my execution !

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I think system will allow you to post 10 quantity to Unrestricted, and then use 702 or any other movement to adjust inventory.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ntn,

I successfully triggered Inspection Lot 0800 for QI stock when the Material does not have any Inspection Type activation.

When the material is activated with any Inspection Type, I can no longer trigger any Inspection Lot 0800 using QA08 and I have message "No entries found". This is tested.

Thanks.

Regards,

William Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ntn,

From your print screen, your steps is correct but is not complete.

My objective to remove 100kg from inventory.

Continue from your steps at UD reversal (322 movement type).
I successfully cancel material document of 90kg (102 movement type) using MIGO but the remaining 10kg hit error.

So, I'm looking for a solution to remove the remaining 10kg.

Regards,

William Lee

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Correct ! You basically need further reversal (after UD reversal) for the 90 Kg and 10 Kg.

As far as I know, you can't correct the quantity using QAC1 incase UD is made (you already mentioned that).

Even going for 08 inspection lot won't make it and result in following issues,

• 08 won't be triggered for 321, But will be for 322.
  • To achieve that, You first need to post quantity back to UR ( using inspection lot with origin 01)
  • Next you would need to activate 08 and make 322 or 311 or any other mvmt in order to get 08 inspection lot.
  • Now, even if you reverse this inspection lot/ document, it will only put the quantity back to UR where it originally came via 321 using 01 inspection lot.

I think you are left with only one option. Convert it to Scrap. I'm not sure if that's allowed or feasible into your business. Or else, wait until you get a solution before raising it to SAP.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

After UD reversal, system does not allow to access QAC1 because Inspection Lot have "UD-usage decision has been made" status.

Above issue because of your inspection lot status is UD (green color), shall use SAP note to reset back to REL (red color). Then you only allow to access QAC1 to reset the quantity.