cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preset Indicators for MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo,

There is a field called as Preset Indicators in the screens used to create or change MIC. I understand using F1 help that this can be used to fix the control indicators. When I press the F4, I see numerous values available each with a different settings. I find this quite useful as I don't need to maintain the control indicators every time a new MIC is created. Is my understanding correct ?

Also help me in finding the customizing path to maintain the Preset indicators to check with it.

Can I add my own set of indicators in customizing?

What else did I miss in this query which I need to know about preset indicators ?

~Karen~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, your understanding is correct. Preset indicators are meant for that purpose only. You don't need to set the activators on/ off everytime you create or change the MICs if you have preset indicators in use.

I understand using F1 help that this can be used to fix the control indicators.

Not entirely true! You don't fix them but you define a default values which can be changed any time.

Preset indicators are maintained via Customizing.

QCC0> Quality Planning> Basic Data> Inspection Char, Inspection method> Define default values for control indicators.

Yes, You can define your own control keys !!

What else did I miss in this query which I need to know about preset indicators ?

As you earlier stated/ asked, you can actually fix the indicators so that they get greyed or non-editable while creating the MICs (thus fulfill the purpose of preset indicator in my view).

In customizing, set the indicator on for FixedInd to achieve this.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Nitin,

That exactly I was looking for. An option where I can restrict the users from changing the control indicators of MIC without linking it to class characteristic. I guess this serves the purpose

Let me run some test to see if I find something else.

~Karen~

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply do not authorize the users! Revoke the QS23

Former Member
0 Kudos

It cannot be revoked. It is used by couple of power users to maintain the inspection methods at different times and few other data as well. Complicated business

Anyway, preset indicators are good enough to control it. Thank you for your support.

~Karen~

Answers (0)