SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Planing to use budget release process on monthly basis, done relevant configuration but release process is not working

For release done following configuration:

Define Release Scenario

Define Budget Types for Release

Assign Budget Types for Release to Processes

Kindly advice where I am missing

Regards

Upendar

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update...

0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to my query..

I am trying to post budget in FMBBC with BCS Value Type = Budget, Process = Enter, Budget category = 9F, Document type = Budget entry, Budget Type = Budget Initial

Once I save this data it is appearing in FMRP_RW_BUDCON  consumable budget column, I think release process is not working properly.

Can any one please advice on this functionality.

@Eli Sir

Could you please throw some light

Regards

Upendar

0 Kudos

select the document of you budget, You must create the document for release with reference

Option "Document" -> Create according Reference "

Then,

Where it says Type Value = R1 Liberation

Document Type = Liberacion

Class = Liberacion Budget

Save and then sap release the budget amounts.

In summaryt you should configure customizing for release, you must create document for release

0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for reply

Created a separate document type for budget entry and release

Requirement is: one time in a year user will 12 month budget, then month on month budget will be released

In my case budget release process is not working, without release it is allowing to consume budget?

Regards

Upendar

0 Kudos

Each budget document may represent a month. (field period in screen, by default is 0)

then you will have 12 documents budget

You must create documents release (documenntos by reference) and go save (releasing)

Each document released represents one month released

Please check if answers correct

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, your question is not clear. When you say that release does not work, please, be specific. If you see your posted budget in AVC report as consumable budget and you want to see only released budget, then you have to set a filter in AVC for budget types, that only types associated with released budget will be considered as eligible for consumption.

Regarding your comment about 12 months, keep in mind, that AVC works on annual basis; hence, you can speak about 12 portions, but not about 12 calendar months. I.e. releasing budget for January won't mean that you won't be able to consume it in March. If you want to manage monthly budget, you have to work with 'Budget period' FM assignment or with workarounds, which I described on this forum on several occasions.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for reply

Sorry for later reply

I will explain requirement:

1. we are planning to annual into 12 portions and for this each portion I am trying to use release process

2. Can you please let me know if I want to use release process what is process to be followed, done the following configuration for release process

• Define Release Scenario
  • Define Budget Types for Release
  • Assign Budget Types for Release to Processes

3. In FMMBC what is the selection we have to use while entering budget with release process

Regards

Upendar