cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Desktop Connection - cannot synch tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to both this community and the SAP world, I hope I found the right place to ask my question.

We're currently testing the SAP Desktop Connection (SP02) on one of our sandbox systems (SAP_BASIS 731 SP11, CRM 7.0 EHP2) and I managed to install and configure the Netweaver Gateway 2.0 and the CRMGWS component (700 SP04). Everything should be up to date.

Now the synchronization of contacts and appointments seems to be working fine, but whenever I want to synch a task from Outlook to our CRM, I get an error: "ActiveStatusId E0001 is not allowed (Code: 'Sy/530')". I guess the status mapping isn't working correctly but what can I do about it? Does anyone know a fix for this or has a clue what I might have messed up in the configuration? The Customization Package (CRMGWCUS02_0-20011654.ZIP) should be correct.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Bernd,

I don't know if this issue is still occuring and your request is therefore still valid.

Nevertheless, let's see what you can do to find out what's going wrong.

Have checked your User Status Profile? Is there an initial status customized? If not, you have to do that...

Have you maybe changed the Transaction Type customizing during your testings? If yes, you have to trigger a new complete sync (e.g. with reinstallation or function "remove customization package").

Have you tried with a SAP standard status profile? CRM_TASK would be the default. At least with that set no issues should occur. If there are issue also with CRM_TASK, you should open a message (please be aware that you have to reinitialize your client by removing the customization package after changing the customizing. Otherwise the newly created picklists (which contain information about which values are allowed by the backend) aren't catched by the client).

If you have some experience with the debugger, you also can set an external breakpoint in method CHECK_STATUS_CHANGE of class /CRMGWS/CL_ORDER_DP3. There you can see which values are given back by the client.

To see which values are given TO the client (picklist - which reflects the customizing of the backend and prepares that data for the client), you can set an external breakpoint to method GET_STATUS_1ST_LEVEL of class /CRMGWS/CL_TASK_PICKLIST3. There, the data structure is built up. This method is called during intial sync of Desktop Connection.

Best regards,
Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks a lot for your extensive reply. Our problem is still existent, although with a low priority for us right now.

I had a look at the customizing but quickly reached the limits of my CRM knowledge. One thing I noticed though: the status profile crm_task is set for the process type GTSK, but our system claims that it doesn't exist / is not valid. Is it shipped with the CRMGWCON module? The standard (simple) task 1004 and the Groupware appointment APPT use the profile CRMACTIV.

I deleted the GTSK from the task customizing and used only 1004 (and stumbled upon not being able to maintain 00000014 as partner function for the employee...) but the behavior of the client is still the same.

I'm able to create tasks in the CRM, even with different status and they will be synched correctly to my Outlook client. But in the Outlook client, every attempt to modify a task (even without changing the status) leads to pop up which informs me that my status value is not admissible (I'm translating from German).

If I create a task in Outlook, the sync will fail with the error described in my first post.

I deleted the customization package multiple times from the client, nothing changed. I set an external breakpoint in the GET_STATUS_1ST_LEVEL method in the name of my desktop connection user, but the debugger didn't pop up (neither during synchronization nor when I deleted the customization package).

Sadly, I have to use our sandbox system for this test, so I cannot be sure that the system itself is running properly. Maybe someone screwed with the profiles already 😕

Kind regards,

Bernd

0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

it is very strange that you aren't able to debug that stuff. Are you shure that your breakpoints have been activated immediatly? (That's a debugger setting in SAP GUI).

You can also try that directly - with the Gateway Client in SAP GUI (transaction /IWFND/GW_CLIENT). To test the Picklist Service, you need your URL and the service name PickListService?EntityName='TaskMain'

A complete example could look like this:

/sap/opu/odata/CRMGWS/GROUPWARE_SYNC/PickListService?EntityName=TaskMain'

At least now the breakpoints should work...

I assume CRMACTIV is the standard delivered Status Profile - which should work in my opinion...

So please try debugger issue above again.

In addition, you can activate Exhaustive Logging in DCN settings (right click onto "world icon" next to windows clock, then select "Options...") and put the Log Files into a Customer Message for SAP Support. If the sandbox system is linked to a SAP Router, you'll receive complete support.

Optionally you can also post the log files here (where I want to admit that logfiles can contain security-relevant information).

Best regards,

Alex

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have the same problem…. I can download tasks but I can not modify any field because I get the error "ActiveStatusId E0001 is not…".  It seems that the status  associated to the process type for the task you specified int the profile is not downloaded to the outlook client because in the drop list for status you get another values.

I checked with /CRMGWS/GROUPWARE_SYNC/PickListService?EntityName='TaskMain' that it is getting the process type for task (in my case Z003) and the possible status are the associated to its status profile,  I uninstall the client software and I set a breakpoint in the GET_STATUS_1ST_LEVEL method and the system stopped and I could see that the right status are seleccted (3), but the drop list in Outlook shows a different ones (5).

Where are stored the values for drop list? I checked all the .xml files and I did not find then….

Kind regards,

Antonio

michael_sackmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,
as you are using your own process type for task (Z003) you might have to enhance the status mapping. Please check your customization package. With the package there is a java script file business_logic.js. Within the file there is method task_status_mapping. In this method you can see the status mapping between outlook-task-status and task status on crm server for process type GTSK and 1003. I guess you have to enhance this mapping for Z003.

Regards

Michael

Antonio_leites
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks for your answer. I had a look to the java script and my surprise was that it is coded only for GTSK and 1003 process type. So even in customizing you set the process type of tasks you want syn. and the one for new task the status profile is not mapped to the java script and therefore the Outlook client is not using it. At this point I wonder if this is because the development is still not ready (in the java script we can read * "GTSK" & "1003" works only for current server configuration.). Nevertheless in the pack list it is reading the correct status profile and with that information could be changed automatically the java script with the data set in CRM customizing (/sap/opu/odata/CRMGWS/GROUPWARE_SYNC//PickListService?EntityName='TaskMain').

Another point I missed is a table like CRMC_VTODOSTAT used for the old groupware connector where you make the mapping of status.

And finally just to comment that even the logic works for the mapping set in the business_logic.js java script, but the drop list in outlook is not restricted to the possible values….. all the status are shown..

Thanks very much for you help…. as I thing this iis a bug I am gonna open a message in OSS.

kind regards,

Antonio

nisha_vinod
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

We face the same issue. Could you please tell us if your issue was resolved? and how?

Regards

Nisha

Marga_MRM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio Could you please explain me how did you solve the problem with DCN and task status? I am now in the same possition I am thinking about making a oss  to sap but i should be sure  that  is not a  custo problem... thanks in advance Marga Ribes