Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change OrgChart box form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

We are on Nakisa OrgChart 4.0 SP1.

Our customers want to change standart Nakisa OrgChart boxes appearance (color and form). Besides this they want to make boxes colors dependent on some criteria (such as Position country or status: vacancy/filled).

Can we make such modification through changing XML files or we should involve Java-developer?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this thread help?

You can achieve some things in the AdminConsole but sometimes it is easier to create/modify XSLT files directly. 

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen, thank you for your help.

Can I change not only box color, but also box shape using XSL files from ...\root\Templates_Generated? Below is an example of box modification we need to do:

Box colors and border lines (dotted/solid) depends on position location and status. Where can I bind this criteria with colors? I can't see the way do this through XSL files...

Thanks in advance.

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing the box colour should be possible by defining a resource bundle and then using in a custom view template.  I recommend starting by reading the OrgChart Admin Guide, section 5.10 called Resource Bundle Configuration.

Border lines (dotted/solid) are already used for dotted line functionality and I don't know how to change this. Shape I also don't know how/if it is possible to change. I have never attempted either of these last two items.

Stephen

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I should think it is possible to change the "shape" of the boxes, but this would potentially be a relatively large amount of work - just search the XSL files for "getRoundedCorners" for example.  If you're not sure how to change the XSL then you're probably not in a position to apply this sort of change.

At the end of the day how critical is it to have the box shapes changed and by changing them how much effort (time & cost) would it be to apply and ensure that all of the different views and layout styles (non-condensed & condensed), enhanced (flash/flex) and basic (HTML) modes, silos and selected items (basket) all still work; plus of course ensuring your context menus, content (text, colour bar & icons) and expansion/contraction boxes line up correctly?

Also to reiterate Stephen's point above - dotted lines are already used and have a specific meaning.  So even if you could work out how to make that change it could well be confusing - particularly for anyone referencing a user guide or the built in online help.

Regards,

Stephen.